Associate Program Director
With an emphasis on youth and family programs, the Associate Program Director develops, coordinates, supervises and administers several Program Department components, including Family Programs, Family Weekends, the Craft Shop and the Library.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS / REQUIREMENTS:
- A bachelor's degree in Recreation Management or a related field.
- Three years minimum experience in structured recreation or family program areas.
- Outstanding organizational, managerial, supervisory & program development skills.
- Possess excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional.
- Train, schedule, supervise and evaluate rec attendants, family program, library, fishing and craft shop staff and volunteers.
- Develop, plan and implement year-round craft shop and family programming activities for the whole family toddlers to seniors.
- Track and maintain detailed records of programs and their attendance.
- Oversee internal marketing of programs (Activity Guide, App, TV Displays, etc.)
- Coordinate Program activities with other related YMCA of the Rockies departments.
- Communicate with groups in a professional and timely manner to schedule private activities.
- Ability to operate basic office equipment (phone, fax, copier) and proficiency with a variety of computer programs: Excel, Word, etc.
- Supervise all Craft shop, Recreation (kiva, pavilion, summer tubing, etc), Library and Fishing Shop functions.
- Develop and implement purchasing plan and maintain inventory for Craft Shop.
- Assist in the functions of the Program Desk
- Direct all aspects of the Program Department in the absence of the Program Director.
- Maintain fiscal responsibility for programs in areas of accountability, including billing.
- Ability to move throughout all program buildings and outdoors over uneven terrain.
- Support the Association safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members and staff.
- Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies and programs.
- Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions.
- Promote a cooperative, positive and problem-solving atmosphere at all times.
- Ability to work cooperatively with others in a diverse environment.
- Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards.
- Possess and maintain current certifications in First Aid, CPR and AED administration.
- Must possess a valid, USA state issued driver's license, an acceptable driving record, and comply with YMCA driving rules to be approved to operate YMCA vehicles.
- Ability to read, write, speak, and understand English clearly, concisely, and fluently.
OTHER FUNCTIONS / REQUIREMENTS:
- Be a willing, active and enthusiastic participant in YMCA of the Rockies functions.
- Must directly market and develop marketing tools for areas of job responsibility.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills in working with staff, volunteers, parents, youth, co-workers and guests.
- Enthusiasm for continued program development and guest offerings through one's areas of responsibility.
- Participate in the Association Safety Program by becoming a Program Safety Officer.
- Identify and secure alternate funding sources (ie: grants) for programs.
- All other duties as assigned.
General YMCA of the Rockies Requirements:
- Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions
- Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs
- Possess excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional
- Support the Association safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff
- Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse environment
- May be required to work evenings, weekends, and holidays, depending on the position
- Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards
This is a full-time, year-round, salaried position paying $33,000-$37,000annually with full benefits, including:
- Health, dental and life insurance
- Participation in the YMCA retirement plan
- Access to the YMCA of the Rockies facilities, which include: an indoor pool, basketball gymnasium, fitness classes, tennis courts, mini-golf, trails, roller rink, library, and an art center
- Discounted nights at YMCA of the Rockies lodges (with some date restrictions based on season/occupancy)
- Access to the YMCA of the Rockies facilities, which include: an indoor pool, basketball gymnasium, fitness classes, hiking/biking/skiing trails, library, and an art center
- Free passes for skiing, rock climbing, mountain biking, and golf (dependent on season and resort)
- Free gear rentals for sports and outdoor activities
- Employee programming, including free or discounted staff trips, provided by the Human Resources Office
- Discounted nights at YMCA of the Rockies lodges (with some date restrictions based on season/occupancy) and various local restaurants
We have a zero tolerance policy for alcohol or drugs on property; in addition, no drug use is tolerated (including marijuana) during your employment with us whether on- or off-duty.
You must submit three references with your application, including their name, phone number and email address.
Two references must be someone who know you professionally (former or current manager, supervisor, teacher, professor, coach, pastor, etc.) and one reference must be a family member.
If you are a rehire and have served at YMCA of the Rockies Estes Park Center, Snow Mountain Ranch, or Camp Chief Ouray at any time during the past three years, references are not required.
ABOUT THE YMCA of the Rockies:
The YMCA of the Rockies operates two year-round family resorts and conference centers on each side of Rocky Mountain National Park: Estes Park Center located in Estes Park, CO; Snow Mountain Ranch located in Winter Park, CO; and Camp Chief Ouray, a summer resident camp for kids located on the Snow Mountain Ranch property.
Snow Mountain Ranch (SMR) is located on the western side of the Rocky Mountain National Park, in a more remote area of Colorado known as the Fraser Valley, near Granby and Winter Park. In the winter, SMR is home to one of the largest Nordic ski areas in the country, with over 100 km of trails on the 5000-acre property. Winters at SMR can last up to eight months, but for winter enthusiasts, there is no place like it, with days and days of powder. In the summertime, SMR is surrounded by back-country forests and trails, with opportunities to get your boots or wheels in the dirt for many hours of fun.
We employ and provide volunteer positions for people of all ages, from across the country and the world, who want to experience the mountains and support our healthy spirit, mind, and body mission. Join us!
Please call our HR office at 970-887-2152 ext. 4219, or email email@example.com.
Associate Program Director
Snow Mountain Ranch
About the Organization
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Status: Full Time