Audio Visual Technician - Seasonal - (Room & Board Included!)
REPORTS TO: Audio/Visual Manager
Under the direction of the Audio Visual Manager and the Audio Visual Assistant Manager, the Audio Visual Technician is responsible for ensuring the delivery and operation of audio visual equipment in all auditoriums and meeting spaces. Superior troubleshooting, project management, and interpersonal skills are required.
• Knowledge of audio and visual technology
• Excellent guest service skills & interpersonal skills and a degree of discretion are required to work with group leaders and groups whose topics may be at times controversial or of a delicate nature
• Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills necessary to meet the individual AV needs of a conference
• Ability to troubleshoot problems under pressure and sometimes in stressful situations
• Ability to prioritize work assignments
• Willingness and ability to learn new skills pertaining to the job
• Ability to carry 50-100lbs up to 100 yards, and 50-60lbs above head
• Possess and maintain a valid driver's license and comply with YMCA driving record rules
• Oversee audio visual equipment, including: repairing, troubleshooting, programming, and testing
• Maintain and repair the inventory of AV equipment, as well as maintain database of rental and inventory equipment
• Deliver, set up, and take down AV equipment for concerts and conferences, and provide technical support as required
• Serve as Front of House Engineer and event technician, including all components of live sound reinforcement: EQ, house mix, foldback mix, sound check, and live performance
• Operate and program Crestron lighting system and auditorium theatrical lights
• Provide and arrange audio-visual services for all groups using the WGR Auditorium. Assist in set-up of AV equipment in meeting rooms as deemed necessary by the Conference Director. Aid the Program Department with their A/V needs/problems.
• Work alongside the Conference Services Team when not occupied by obligations to groups in the auditoriums or other AV requirements
• Interface with guests to meet a variety of needs and solve problems efficiently
• Assist with special AV projects as needed
• Assist in keeping the YMCA of the Rockies AV facilities in a clean and operating order
• All other duties as assigned
Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job. This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with this job.
NOTE: Based on business needs, you may be required to work in other Departments and/or our other Center.
GENERAL YMCA OF THE ROCKIES REQUIREMENTS:
• Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions
• Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs
• Possess excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional
• Support the Association safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff
• Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse environment
• May be required to work evenings, weekends, and holidays, depending on the position
• Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards
Two uniform polo shirts will be provided for you. You need to provide/wear your own comfortable, closed-toe shoes and black pants. Sweatpants or yoga type pants will not be permitted.
This is a seasonal, hourly (based on 40 hours/week) position, paying $220/week, with employee perks including:
• Room (shared room in our staff dormitory with free wifi and no bills!)
• Board (3 buffet-style meals per day, 7 days per week)
• Access to the YMCA of the Rockies facilities, which include: an indoor pool, basketball gymnasium, fitness classes, tennis courts, mini-golf, trails, roller rink, library, and an art center
• Free gear rentals for sports and outdoor activities
• Employee programming, including free or discounted staff trips, provided by the Resident Office
• Other employee perks and discounts, including:
o Free passes for skiing, rock climbing, mountain biking, and golf (dependent on season and resort)
o 20% Discount at our General Store, Rustic caf, and Jackson Stable horseback rides
o Discounts at local merchants
• Discounted nights at YMCA of the Rockies lodges (with some date restrictions based on season/occupancy)
We have a zero tolerance policy for alcohol or drugs on property; in addition, no drug use is tolerated (including marijuana) during your employment with us whether on- or off-duty.
You must submit three references with your application, including their name, phone number and email address.
Two references must be someone who know you professionally (former or current manager, supervisor, teacher, professor, coach, pastor, etc.) and one reference must be a family member.
If you are a rehire and have worked at YMCA of the Rockies Estes Park Center, Snow Mountain Ranch, or Camp Chief Ouray at any time during the past three years, references are not required.
ABOUT THE YMCA OF THE ROCKIES:
The YMCA of the Rockies operates two year-round family resorts and conference centers on each side of Rocky Mountain National Park: Estes Park Center located in Estes Park, CO; Snow Mountain Ranch located in Winter Park, CO; and Camp Chief Ouray, a summer resident camp for kids located on the Snow Mountain Ranch property.
The Estes Park Center is the largest YMCA conference center in the world. At nearly 900 acres in size and serving over 200,000 guests each year, a dedicated team of individuals work to provide guests with a world-renowned experience.
We employ people of all ages, from across the country and the world, who want to experience the mountains and support our healthy spirit, mind, and body mission. Join us!
Please call our HR office at 970-586-3341 x1032, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Audio Visual Technician - Seasonal - (Room & Board Included!)
Estes Park Center
About the Organization
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Status: Seasonal