Auto Shop Mechanic
The Auto Shop Mechanic is responsible for the repair, maintenance, and safety of the Snow Mountain Ranch vehicle fleet, including but not limited to all cars, vans, trucks, and equipment. This person will assist with snow removal, general maintenance duties, and equipment operation as assigned.
- Minimum of two years technical mechanics training and two years on-the-job experience or five years on-the-job experience.
- Small engine repair experience.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose problems involving vehicles and equipment.
- Knowledge and ability to replace engines, transmission, etc.
- Coordinate vehicle and equipment maintenance records.
- Follow written and verbal instructions in English.
- Have good organizational and time management skills and be able to prioritize projects.
- Knowledge of safe work practices with hand tools, power tools, pneumatic tools, vehicle lifts, lifting and carrying of objects, and proper personal protective equipment is required.
- Skill is required in the use of a broad variety of common and specialized hand and power tools.
- Recommend repairs, replacements and improvements to the Superintendent of Building and Grounds for planning and budget purposes.
- Work within established deadlines to ensure a quality product and timely completion of projects.
- Estimate costs of proposed projects and communicate for approval by the Superintendent of Buildings and Grounds.
- Order materials to complete projects without downtime and also to stay within established budget limitations.
- Ensure vehicle maintenance equipment and tools are properly serviced and cared for.
- Perform general maintenance, plumbing, heating repair, and electrical tasks.
- Work inside and outside in varied weather conditions.
- Physical effort with occasional heavy lifting and carrying of objects up to 100 pounds required.
- Considerable standing, walking, bending, stretching, and working in cramped or awkward positions required. Work with hands at shoulder height and above head.
- Monitor and revise the daily vehicle checkout as needed to ensure compliance with policies and procedures.
- Be able to operate all vehicles in YMCA fleet.
- Possess a valid, USA state issued driver's license, an acceptable driving record, and comply with YMCA driving rules to be approved to operate YMCA vehicles.
- Experience repairing and maintaining gasoline engines. Diesel engine repair and maintenance preferred.
- If living on property, will be on-call at least one night per week.
- Possess general knowledge and ability to weld
- Will be part of the snow plow crew. Will be called in early mornings and may need to work late nights.
- Assist the Buildings & Grounds Department as needed to ensure quality services for guests and staff.
- All other duties as assigned.
Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job. This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with this job.
NOTE: Based on business needs, you may be required to work in other Departments and/or our other Center.
GENERAL YMCA OF THE ROCKIES REQUIREMENTS:
- Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions
- Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs
- Possess excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional
- Support the Association safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff
- Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse environment
- May be required to work evenings, weekends, and holidays, depending on the position
- Meet acceptable criminal background check standards
This is a full-time, year-round, salaried position (Pay DOE/market rate) with full benefits, including:
- Health, dental and life insurance
- Participation in the YMCA retirement plan
- Access to the YMCA of the Rockies facilities, which include: an indoor pool, basketball gymnasium, fitness classes, tennis courts, mini-golf, trails, roller rink, library, and an art center
- Discounted nights at YMCA of the Rockies lodges (with some date restrictions based on season/occupancy)
We have a zero tolerance policy for alcohol or drugs on property; in addition, no drug use is tolerated (including marijuana) during your employment with us whether on- or off-duty.
You must submit three references with your application, including their name, phone number and email address.
Two references must be someone who know you professionally (former or current manager, supervisor, teacher, professor, coach, pastor, etc.) and one reference must be a family member.
If you are a rehire and have worked at YMCA of the Rockies Estes Park Center, Snow Mountain Ranch, or Camp Chief Ouray at any time during the past three years, references are not required.
ABOUT THE YMCA OF THE ROCKIES:
The YMCA of the Rockies operates two year-round family resorts and conference centers on each side of Rocky Mountain National Park: Estes Park Center located in Estes Park, CO; Snow Mountain Ranch located in Winter Park, CO; and Camp Chief Ouray, a summer resident camp for kids located on the Snow Mountain Ranch property.
Snow Mountain Ranch (SMR) is located on the western side of the Rocky Mountain National Park, in a more remote area of Colorado known as the Fraser Valley, near Granby and Winter Park. In the winter, SMR is home to one of the largest Nordic ski areas in the country, with over 100 km of trails on the 5000-acre property. Winters at SMR can last up to eight months, but for winter enthusiasts, there is no place like it, with days and days of powder. In the summertime, SMR is surrounded by back-country forests and trails, with opportunities to get your boots or wheels in the dirt for many hours of fun.
We employ people of all ages, from across the country and the world, who want to experience the mountains and support our healthy spirit, mind, and body mission. Join us!
Please call Kathy Mead at 970-887-2152 ext. 4013, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Auto Shop Mechanic
Snow Mountain Ranch
About the Organization
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Status: Full Time