Responsible for the daily management of all Banquet/Special Events within the food service operations at Estes Park Center; including menu planning, ordering, food preparation, kitchen cleanliness, appropriate staff scheduling and guest satisfaction. The Sous Chef is also responsible for compliance with federal, state and county health regulations.
- Culinary degree preferred, plus two years' sous chef experience.
- Minimum of five years' experience in volume food preparation, institutional food service, buffet presentation and carryout/grab and go service.
- ServSafe Certification.
- Responsible for compliance with all Federal, State and Local Health Codes and overall quality assurance in the kitchens.
- Proven record of sound managerial and organizational skills to plan and serve up to 8,000 meals per day during peak seasons.
- Able to physically move throughout all food service operations.
- Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards.
- Ability to work cooperatively with others in a diverse environment.
- Must possess a valid, USA state issued driver's license, an acceptable driving record, and comply with YMCA driving rules to be approved to operate YMCA vehicles.
- Operate within developed budget and provide accurate data and timely completion of all recording and reporting activities.
- Effectively coordinate with the Food Service Manager and Assistant Food Service Director to ensure high levels of customer satisfaction and seamless cooperation between front of house and back of house operations.
- Train, develop, supervise and evaluate employees to ensure maximum productivity is attained and morale is at a high level.Monitor scheduling, time keeping and training for Food Service personnel. Set performance and accountability standards and follow through with evaluation of performance.
- Order food, supplies and equipment necessary for the food service operation in coordination with the Association Food Service Director.
- Plan delicious and nutritious meals and deliveries to ensure the best utilization of the facilities and staff to meet customer needs.
- Direct all aspects of food production, ordering, storage, preparation, portion control, inventory and record keeping while ensuring culinary excellence at all times.
- Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies and programs.
- Support the Association safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members and staff.
- Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions.
- Effective interpersonal skills in order to maintain positive working relationships with food service staff, vendors, guests, department managers and other Association employees.
- Strong leadership qualities and minimum of two years supervisory experience.
- Ensure clean FS facilities and maintain required standards in regards to OSHA, Department of Health, USFDA and YMCA.
- Possess excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional.
- Report to Association Food Service Director on progress of major projects and needs of the department.
- Promote a cooperative, positive and problem-solving atmosphere at all times.
- Support and contribute to employee training programs, such as the International Training Program, Calvin Leadership Program, Navigators, etc.
- Operational knowledge of a wide variety of F.S. equipment, including, but not limited to, computers, dish machine, broiler, steamer, ovens, slicer, tilt skillet, etc.
- All other duties as assigned.
We have a zero tolerance policy for alcohol or drugs on property; in addition, no drug use is tolerated (including marijuana) during your employment with us whether on- or off-duty.
This is a full time (40 hours/week), year round position paying $15-16/hour with full benefits including health/dental/life insurance, vacation/PTO, participation in the YMCA retirement plan, complimentary nights at both Estes Park Center and Snow Mountain Ranch (with some date restrictions based on season/occupancy), and a YMCA of the Rockies family membership. Year round employees also have access to other employee perks including free skiing /mountain biking/golfing (dependent on season and resort) Winter Park Resort, Granby Ranch, Copper Mountain, Steamboat, and other clubs/resorts.
ABOUT THE YMCA of the Rockies:
The YMCA of the Rockies operates two year round family resorts and conference centers on each side of Rocky Mountain National Park: Estes Park Center located in Estes Park, CO; Snow Mountain Ranch located in Winter Park, CO; and Camp Chief Ouray, a summer resident camp for kids located on the Snow Mountain Ranch property. We hire year round staff, plus hundreds of seasonal staff and college interns every year that want to experience the mountains and support our healthy spirit, mind, and body mission. Join us!
Please call our HR office at 970-586-3341 x1032, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Estes Park Center
About the Organization
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Status: Full Time