Carpenter/General Maintenance Technician
DEPARTMENT: Buildings & Grounds
SHIFT: 7:30am - 4pm, weekends & holidays required
REPORTS TO: Maintenance Supervisor & Superintendant
The Carpenter/Buildings Maintenance Technician position is responsible for the repair and replacement of all aspects of building construction associated with operations at Estes Park Center.
- Must have excellent carpentry skills
- Ability to run a full wood shop including:
Inventory control, equipment maintenance, knowledge of tools and machinery, management of tool crib
- Must have good time management skills and be able to prioritize work.
- Must safely operate all hand and power tools common to the construction industry
- Must know and use all personal protective equipment necessary to safely do assigned work.
- Must work from ladders and scaffolding, on roofs, in crawl spaces, and in attics.
- Must work while standing all day. Must bend over frequently. Must work with arms extended overhead frequently.
- Occasional heavy lifting and carrying objects up to 100 pounds required.
- Must work primarily outdoors in varied weather conditions.
- Must read and produce rough sketches and follow written and oral instructions.
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver's license and comply with YMCA driving record rules.
- Experience with drywall installation and repair preferred, but not required.
- Experience with interior and exterior painting preferred, but not required.
- Experience with minor plumbing, heating and electrical repairs preferred but not required.
- Knowledge of roofing with asphalt shingles preferred but not required.
- Knowledge of minor masonry repair preferred but not required.
- Must possess a valid, USA state issued driver’s license, an acceptable driving record, and comply with YMCA driving rules to be approved to operate YMCA vehicles.
Essential Functions / Requirements:
- Repair or remodel construction work as assigned.
- Ensure quality products and timely completions of projects are achieved.
- Communicate with supervisor and co-workers concerning projects.
- Plan and prioritize projects and work time for efficiency.
- Requisition parts, materials, and tools necessary to perform assigned tasks.
- Complete assigned tasks in a safe, clean and professional manner and communicate that completion with those necessary to get the accommodation or facility open and operational.
- Clean and organize the carpenter's workshop.
- Assist the Buildings and Grounds Department in other areas as needed to ensure quality services.
- Other duties as assigned.
Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job. This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with this job.
NOTE: Based on business needs, you may be required to work in other Departments and/or our other Center.
This is a full-time, year-round position paying $16-18/hour with full benefits, including:
- Housing is available to the right candidate upon successful completion of a three month probationary period
- The housing is a 3 bedroom, 2 bath house located on located on YMCA of the Rockies, Estes Park Center property, with all utilities paid & free wifi
- Health, dental and life insurance
- Participation in the YMCA retirement plan
- Access to the YMCA of the Rockies facilities, which include: an indoor pool, basketball gymnasium, fitness classes, tennis courts, mini-golf, trails, roller rink, library, and an art center
- Discounted nights at YMCA of the Rockies lodges (with some date restrictions based on season/occupancy)
We have a zero tolerance policy for alcohol or drugs on property; in addition, no drug use is tolerated (including marijuana) during your employment with us whether on- or off-duty.
ABOUT THE YMCA of the Rockies:
The YMCA of the Rockies operates two year-round family resorts and conference centers on each side of Rocky Mountain National Park: Estes Park Center located in Estes Park, CO; Snow Mountain Ranch located in Winter Park, CO; and Camp Chief Ouray, a summer resident camp for kids located on the Snow Mountain Ranch property.
The Estes Park Center is the largest YMCA conference center in the world. At nearly 900 acres in size and serving over 200,000 guests each year, a dedicated team of individuals work to provide guests with a world-renowned experience.
We employ people of all ages, from across the country and the world, who want to experience the mountains and support our healthy spirit, mind, and body mission. Join us!
Please call our HR office at 970-586-3341 x1032, or email email@example.com
Carpenter/General Maintenance Technician
Estes Park Center
About the Organization
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Status: Full Time