ELEVATE has given me more life and work experience, to try things out and see what I like. The people and mentors are the best part in helping me explore what I want to do.
Being forced out of my comfort zone has helped me learn about myself and others. I have loved every minute of it.
By the end of the first week, we all felt like family. I have been able to adapt and thrive in a new environment. It’s hard to find one word that encompasses it all.
Estes Park Center (EPC), at an elevation of 8,000 feet, is over 860 acres surrounded by the natural splendor of Rocky Mountain National Park. With over 217 family cabins and 9 lodge buildings the Estes Park Center is a premier family getaway located in beautiful Estes Park, Colorado. EPC is located in a deep valley surrounded by soaring mountains, including Long’s Peak. Downtown Estes Park is about 10 minutes away via car, and Boulder is an hour away. If you prefer a slightly shorter, milder winter and want to be on the border of Rocky Mountain National Park—home of endless wilderness, outstanding fly fishing, and some of the best hiking/rock-climbing in the world—but closer to a bigger town, this is the place for you.
- Fall Semester: August 14th, 2017 – December 15th, 2017 (App. Opening March 1st) (App. Closes July 15th)
- Spring Semester: January 15 – May 11, 2018
The program fee is $500. Fifty dollars of this fee is payable at the time of application. The program fee helps to defray the costs of training sessions, transportation, and other expenses.
Our goal is to better prepare you to face upcoming challenges such as starting/finishing college, applying for/engaging in employment opportunities and living independently. You’ll live and learn as part of an intentional community within our YMCA center.
Once you apply online, you’ll need to three references to complete our reference form. Check out our reference section for more information.
You must have three references submitted on-line: one reference from a family member and the other two from individuals who know you professionally (former supervisors, professors, pastors, etc.). Before your application can be considered, all three references MUST respond to the link we’ll provide to you. If you are a rehire and have worked at YMCA of the Rockies Estes Park Center, Snow Mountain Ranch, or Camp Chief Ouray at any time during the past three years, you do not have to provide these references.
- Access to the YMCA of the Rockies facilities, which include: an indoor pool, basketball gymnasium, fitness classes, hiking/biking/skiing trails, climbing wall, library, and craft shop
- Free Grand Passes for skiing, rock climbing, mountain biking, and golf, as well as free gear rentals (dependent on season and resort – limited number available, first come first served basis)
- Employee programming, including free or discounted staff trips, provided by the Human Resources Office
- Discounted nights at YMCA of the Rockies lodges (with some date restrictions based on season/occupancy)