Information Technology - International Intern/Trainee
Phase 1 - SMR-IT General Overview
Objective: Snow Mountain Ranch is a 5200 acre property that can serve up to 2,000 with lodging accommodations. In addition to the lodging accommodations, there is also a summer camp. The participant will be reporting to the IT Director learning the management of the computer network at Snow Mountain Ranch.
The participant will all receive orientation regarding the policies and expectations of the YMCA of the Rockies.
Will attend an orientation which will include speakers from several departments.
Will attend the Multinational Leadership Training Program Orientation covering the training program policies and procedures and also American Culture.
Tours (including self-tours) will take place over the first few weeks including the grounds and facilities.
Will train with Director of Information Systems and Technology on basic office procedures, telephone use, computer network use, mail procedure, and the file system.
Phase 2 - Avaya PBX system
Objective: The objective of this phase is for the participant to learn the Avaya PBX system issues.
The participant will train with the Center IT to learn about telephone equipment, re-wiring both analog and digital devices and programming the Avaya PBX switch, as well as the associated Callware voice mail software.
While the participant is practicing their competencies, they will gain further knowledge on diagnosing and repairing PBX issues as they occur.
Phase 3 - Network Support
Objective: The objective of this phase is for the participant to learn about the support role of technicians for the staff and guests in the use of their personal computers, laptops, printer, and network copiers.
The participant will assist with the approximate 10% equipment replacement each year as well as moving equipment as needed. A+ certification related skills will be used as a guideline for this training segment.
Will assist in a simple call center environment with calls/voice, voice-mail, email and face to face interaction.
Will diagnose and repair printer and network copier issues.
Phase 4 - Network and Wireless Environment
Objective: The objective of this phase is to familiarize the participant with the network environment at Snow Mountain Ranch, which incorporates twisted pair connections, fiber optic connections and wireless technology. We use the Motorola Canopy system for the backbone of the wireless environment to provide staff and guests with Internet access.
Wireless Access Point replacement and software configuration.
The participant will assist in installation of the next generation of wireless equipment.
The participant will assist in the upgrade and setup of the Subscriber Modules in the various network segments.
Additional Phase Remarks: The participant will have mandatory classes during the Fall, Winter and Spring seasons as part of their training program. The classes will cover a variety of topics. The leadership of the YMCA of the Rockies will hold classes on the operations of a hospitality business such as the YMCA of the Rockies, the financial processes of a non-profit that makes $25 million per year, how both Estes Park Center and Snow Mountain Ranch operate, basic notions on philanthropy and the importance of donations for the YMCA of the Rockies. There will also be speakers talking about professional skills necessary in the participant's future career such as Conflict Management, Diversity, Marketing, Public Speaking, Creating and Using High Performing Teams, and Maintaining Healthy Relationships in the Workplace. The participant will also learn about personal skills that are key in becoming independent such as how to Budget, Resume and Interview Skills. The participant will have to do 2 presentations, one in a local school about their home country and culture, and one in front of YMCA of the Rockies leadership and coworkers about YMCA in their home country.
- The phases order and dates might change.
- Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job. This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with this job.
- Based on business needs, you may be required to work in other Departments and/or our other Center.
GENERAL YMCA OF THE ROCKIES REQUIREMENTS:
- Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions
- Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs
- Possess excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional
- Support the Association safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff
- Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse environment
- May be required to work evenings, weekends, and holidays, depending on the position
- Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards
This is a seasonal, hourly (based on 40 hours/week) position, paying $220/week, with employee perks including:
- Room (shared room in our staff dormitory with free wifi and no bills!)
- Board (3 buffet-style meals per day, 7 days per week)
- Other employee perks and discounts, including:
- Access to the YMCA of the Rockies facilities, which include: an indoor pool, basketball gymnasium, fitness classes, hiking/biking/skiing trails, climbing wall, library, and craft shop
- Free Grand Passes for skiing, rock climbing, mountain biking, and golf (dependent on season and resort - limited number available, first come first served basis)
- Free gear rentals for sports and outdoor activities
- Employee programming, including free or discounted staff trips, provided by the Human Resources Office
- Discounted nights at YMCA of the Rockies lodges (with some date restrictions based on season/occupancy)
We have a zero tolerance policy for alcohol or drugs on property; in addition, no drug use is tolerated (including marijuana) during your employment with us whether on- or off-duty.
You must submit three references with your application, including their name, phone number and email address.
Two references must be someone who know you professionally (former or current manager, supervisor, teacher, professor, coach, pastor, etc.) and one reference must be a family member.
If you are a rehire and have worked at YMCA of the Rockies Estes Park Center, Snow Mountain Ranch, or Camp Chief Ouray at any time during the past three years, references are not required.
ABOUT THE YMCA OF THE ROCKIES:
The YMCA of the Rockies operates two year-round family resorts and conference centers on each side of Rocky Mountain National Park: Estes Park Center located in Estes Park, CO; Snow Mountain Ranch located in Winter Park, CO; and Camp Chief Ouray, a summer resident camp for kids located on the Snow Mountain Ranch property.
Snow Mountain Ranch (SMR) is located on the western side of the Rocky Mountain National Park, in a more remote area of Colorado known as the Fraser Valley, near Granby and Winter Park. In the winter, SMR is home to one of the largest Nordic ski areas in the country, with over 100 km of trails on the 5000-acre property. Winters at SMR can last up to eight months, but for winter enthusiasts, there is no place like it, with days and days of powder. In the summertime, SMR is surrounded by back-country forests and trails, with opportunities to get your boots or wheels in the dirt for many hours of fun.
We employ people of all ages, from across the country and the world, who want to experience the mountains and support our healthy spirit, mind, and body mission. Join us!
Please call Polly Gallagher at 970-887-2152 ext. 4111, or email email@example.com.
Information Technology - International Intern/Trainee
Snow Mountain Ranch
About the Organization
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Status: Seasonal