Information Technology - International Intern/Trainee
Phase 1 - EPC-IT General Overview
Objective: The objective of this phase is to introduce the participant to the policies and expectations of the YMCA of the Rockies as well as the Information Technology Department at the YMCA of the Rockies.
- The participant will all receive orientation regarding the policies and expectations of the YMCA of the Rockies.
- The participant will attend an orientation which will include speakers from several departments.
- The participant will attend the Multinational Leadership Training Program Orientation covering the training program policies and procedures as well as American Culture.
- Tours (including self-tours) will take place over the first few weeks including the grounds and facilities.
- The participant will train with Director of Information Systems and Technology on basic office procedures, telephone use, computer network use, mail procedure, and the file system.
Phase 2 - Avaya PBX system Upgrade
Objective: The objective of this phase is for the participant to learn the Avaya PBX Upgrade process (Avaya Definity G3I upgrade to Avaya G650 Phone System).
- The participant will train with the Director of Information Systems to learn about the upgrade process, telephone equipment, re-wiring both analog and digital devices and programming the Avaya PBX switch, as well as the associated Audix voice mail software.
- While the participant is practicing his competencies, they will gain further knowledge on diagnosing and repairing PBX issues as they occur.
- The participant will participate in staff activities.
Phase 3 - Microsoft Email Server Upgrade
Objective: The objective of this phase is for the participant to learn about redundant server setup and fail over configuration.
- The participant will assist with the setup and migration from Microsoft Exchange 2010 to Microsoft Exchange 2014.
- Dell Server R.A.I.D. drive setup and operating system installation and configuration.
- The participant will assist in the installation of a redundant fail over server at the Disaster location for the email system.
- The participant will assist in the testing of the fail over configuration.
Phase 4 - Network and Wireless Environment
Objective: The objective of this phase is to familiarize the participant with the wireless network environment at Estes Park Center and incorporates twisted pair connections, fiber optic connections and wireless technology. Motorola Canopy system for the backbone of the wireless environment to provide staff and guests with Internet access.
- Wireless Access Point replacement and software configuration.
- The participant will assist in installation of the next generation of wireless equipment.
- The participant will assist in the upgrade and setup of the Subscriber Modules in the various network segments.
Additional Phase Remarks
The participant will have mandatory classes during the Fall, Winter and Spring seasons as part of their training program. The classes will cover a variety of topics. The leadership of the YMCA of the Rockies will hold classes on the operations of a hospitality business such as the YMCA of the Rockies, the financial processes of a non-profit that makes $25 million per year, how both Estes Park Center and Snow Mountain Ranch operate, basic notions on philanthropy and the importance of donations for the YMCA of the Rockies. There will also be speakers talking about professional skills necessary in the participant's future career such as Conflict Management, Diversity, Marketing, Public Speaking, Creating and Using High Performing Teams, and Maintaining Healthy Relationships in the Workplace. The participant will also learn about personal skills that are key in becoming independent such as how to Budget, Resume and Interview Skills. The participant will have to do 2 presentations. One in a local school about their home country and culture, and one in front of YMCA of the Rockies leadership and coworkers about the YMCA in their home country.
- The phases order and dates might change
- Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job. This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with this job.
- Based on business needs, you may be required to work in other Departments and/or our other Center.
GENERAL YMCA OF THE ROCKIES REQUIREMENTS:
- Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions
- Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs
- Possess excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional
- Support the Association safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff
- Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse environment
- Will be required to work some evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards
Two uniform polo shirts will be provided for you. You need to provide/wear your own comfortable, closed-toe shoes and black pants. Sweatpants or yoga type pants will not be permitted.
This is a seasonal, hourly (based on 40 hours/week) position, paying $220/week, with employee perks including:
- Room (shared room in our staff dormitory with free wifi and no bills!)
- Board (3 buffet-style meals per day, 7 days per week)
- Access to the YMCA of the Rockies facilities, which include: an indoor pool, basketball gymnasium, fitness classes, tennis courts, mini-golf, trails, roller rink, library, and an art center
- Free gear rentals for sports and outdoor activities
- Employee programming, including free or discounted staff trips, provided by the Resident Office
- Other employee perks and discounts, including:
- Free passes for skiing, rock climbing, mountain biking, and golf (dependent on season and resort)
- 20% Discount at our General Store, Rustic caf, and Jackson Stable horseback rides
- Discounts at local merchants
- Discounted nights at YMCA of the Rockies lodges (with some date restrictions based on season/occupancy)
We have a zero tolerance policy for alcohol or drugs on property; in addition, no drug use is tolerated (including marijuana) during your employment with us whether on- or off-duty.
You must submit three references with your application, including their name, phone number and email address.
Two references must be someone who know you professionally (former or current manager, supervisor, teacher, professor, coach, pastor, etc.) and one reference must be a family member.
If you are a rehire and have worked at YMCA of the Rockies Estes Park Center, Snow Mountain Ranch, or Camp Chief Ouray at any time during the past three years, references are not required.
ABOUT THE YMCA OF THE ROCKIES:
The YMCA of the Rockies operates two year-round family resorts and conference centers on each side of Rocky Mountain National Park: Estes Park Center located in Estes Park, CO; Snow Mountain Ranch located in Winter Park, CO; and Camp Chief Ouray, a summer resident camp for kids located on the Snow Mountain Ranch property.
The Estes Park Center is the largest YMCA conference center in the world. At nearly 900 acres in size and serving over 200,000 guests each year, a dedicated team of individuals work to provide guests with a world-renowned experience.
We employ people of all ages, from across the country and the world, who want to experience the mountains and support our healthy spirit, mind, and body mission. Join us!
Please call our HR office at 970-586-3341 x1214, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Information Technology - International Intern/Trainee
Estes Park Center
About the Organization
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Status: Seasonal