Maintenance Tech Heating & Plumbing
The Buildings Maintenance Technician is responsible for the upkeep and repair of heating and plumbing facilities associated with operations at Snow Mountain Ranch.
- Must have good time management skills and be able to prioritize work.
- Must safely operate all hand and power tools common to the construction industry
- Must know and use all personal protective equipment necessary to safely do assigned work.
- Must work from ladders and scaffolding, on roofs, in crawl spaces, and in attics.
- Must work while standing all day. Must bend over frequently. Must work with arms extended overhead frequently.
- Occasional heavy lifting and carrying objects up to 100 pounds required.
- Must work primarily outdoors in varied weather conditions.
- Must read and produce rough sketches and follow written and oral instructions.
- Experience with drywall installation and repair preferred..
- Experience with plumbing, heating and electrical repairs.
- Must possess a valid, USA state issued driver's license, an acceptable driving record, and comply with YMCA driving rules to be approved to operate YMCA vehicles.
- Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards.
- Maintain, Troubleshoot and repair plumbing, heating and electrical equipment.
- Working knowledge of commercial HVAC, kitchen equipment, and utilities
- Working knowledge of residential type HVAC (forced air, boiler systems)
- Knowledge of residential appliances it preferred.
- Ensure quality products and timely completions of projects are achieved.
- Communicate with supervisor and co-workers concerning projects.
- Plan and prioritize projects and work time for efficiency.
- Requisition parts, materials, and tools necessary to perform assigned tasks.
- Complete assigned tasks in a safe, clean and professional manner and communicate that completion with those necessary to get the accommodation or facility open and operational.
- Clean and organize the carpenter's workshop.
- Assist the Buildings and Grounds Department in other areas as needed to ensure quality services.
- Other duties as assigned.
Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job. This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with this job.
NOTE: Based on business needs, you may be required to work in other Departments and/or our other Center.
GENERAL YMCA OF THE ROCKIES REQUIREMENTS:
- Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions
- Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs
- Possess excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional
- Support the Association safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff
- Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse environment
- May be required to work evenings, weekends, and holidays, depending on the position
- Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards
This is a full-time, year-round, hourly position paying $13-15/hour with full benefits, including:
- Health, dental and life insurance
- Participation in the YMCA retirement plan
- Access to the YMCA of the Rockies facilities, which include: an indoor pool, basketball gymnasium, fitness classes, tennis courts, mini-golf, trails, roller rink, library, and an art center
- Discounted nights at YMCA of the Rockies lodges (with some date restrictions based on season/occupancy)
We have a zero tolerance policy for alcohol or drugs on property; in addition, no drug use is tolerated (including marijuana) during your employment with us whether on- or off-duty.
You must submit three references with your application, including their name, phone number and email address.
Two references must be someone who know you professionally (former or current manager, supervisor, teacher, professor, coach, pastor, etc.) and one reference must be a family member.
If you are a rehire and have worked at YMCA of the Rockies Estes Park Center, Snow Mountain Ranch, or Camp Chief Ouray at any time during the past three years, references are not required.
ABOUT THE YMCA OF THE ROCKIES:
The YMCA of the Rockies operates two year-round family resorts and conference centers on each side of Rocky Mountain National Park: Estes Park Center located in Estes Park, CO; Snow Mountain Ranch located in Winter Park, CO; and Camp Chief Ouray, a summer resident camp for kids located on the Snow Mountain Ranch property.
Snow Mountain Ranch (SMR) is located on the western side of the Rocky Mountain National Park, in a more remote area of Colorado known as the Fraser Valley, near Granby and Winter Park. In the winter, SMR is home to one of the largest Nordic ski areas in the country, with over 100 km of trails on the 5000-acre property. Winters at SMR can last up to eight months, but for winter enthusiasts, there is no place like it, with days and days of powder. In the summertime, SMR is surrounded by back-country forests and trails, with opportunities to get your boots or wheels in the dirt for many hours of fun.
We employ people of all ages, from across the country and the world, who want to experience the mountains and support our healthy spirit, mind, and body mission. Join us!
Please call Kathy Mead at 970-887-2152 ext. 4013, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Maintenance Tech Heating & Plumbing
Snow Mountain Ranch
About the Organization
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Status: Full Time