Job Title: Activities Facilitator/Housekeeping Hybrid Status: Non-Exempt
Employee Classification: Seasonal Revision Date: 03/2021
Reports to: Associate Program Director
This hybrid position works 20 hours per week in recreation and activities and 20 hours per week in housekeeping. Activity Facilitators are responsible for leading family-oriented and group programs for members and guests of all ages. This includes sports, archery, outdoor nature activities, mini-golf clubhouse, roller rink, science experiments, climbing wall, games and other family programs. Additionally, Activity Facilitators will assist guests at the program registration desk. Housekeeping staff are responsible for having assigned cabins and lodge rooms cleaned by check-in time and to meet the expectations of the supervisors and guests.
Position Available for Immediate Hire at Snow Mountain Ranch
We firmly believe in our mission of putting Christian principles into practice through programs, staff and facilities in an environment that builds healthy spirit, mind and body for all. We count on our staff to provide extraordinary experiences for our guests and for each other and we expect constant demonstration of our core values of caring, honesty, respect, responsibility and faith.
* Responsible for independently executing programming activities
* Promote and assist in special event weekends and seasonal programming
* Maintain and repair recreation equipment
* Predict, prevent, identify and respond to safety issues
* Communicate with all guests in a mature, responsible fashion
* Use computer system to assist guests in signing up for activities, check out equipment, and check participant rosters
* Make change and balance cash boxes
* Participate in daily cleaning of program buildings as assigned
* Clean cabins and lodge rooms
* Clean lobbies and public areas
* Work on a crew with 3-8 co-workers
* Efficiently clean guest accommodations including the following tasks: clean fireplaces, vacuum and dust, strip linens and make beds, wash windows, clean toilets, sinks and showers, empty trash, mop and sweep floors, and clean ovens, etc.
* Work with various types of cleaning chemicals
* Facilitate axe-throwing in the summer
* Facilitate escape rooms year-round
All other duties as assigned, including working in other departments
* Desire to work in a recreation and activity field.
* Must be at least 18 years old
* Must be fluent in speaking English
* Bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus
* Must be willing to possess current Adult and Pediatric First Aid and CPR/AED certifications
GENERAL YMCA OF THE ROCKIES REQUIREMENTS:
* Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions
* Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs
* Possess excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional
* Support the Association safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff
* Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse environment
* Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards
* All other duties as assigned
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
What we offer:
This is a seasonal position with a base pay rate of $12.32/hour (based on 40 hours/week). This position includes:
Room & Board Options Available
* Room (room in our staff dormitory with wifi, pay laundry facilities)
* Board (3 meals per day, 7 days per week)
Other employee perks and discounts, including:
* Access to the YMCA of the Rockies facilities, which include: an indoor pool, basketball gymnasium, fitness classes, hiking/biking/skiing trails, climbing wall, library, and craft shop
* Free Grand Passes for skiing, rock climbing, mountain biking, and golf (dependent on season and resort - limited number available, first come first served basis)
* Free gear rentals for sports and outdoor activities
Note: Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities,
or qualifications associated with the job.