Job Title: Activities Facilitator - Volunteer Status: Non-Exempt
Employee Classification: Volunteer Revision Date: 12/2020
Reports to: Associate Program Director
Activity Facilitators are responsible for leading family-oriented and group programs for members and guests of all ages. This includes sports, archery, outdoor nature activities, mini-golf clubhouse, roller rink, science experiments, climbing wall, games and other family programs. Volunteers are encouraged to develop and implement programming that fits their interests and experiences. Volunteers also assist guests in signing up for activities and answering program- related questions at the Sweet Memorial Desk.
We firmly believe in our mission of putting Christian principles into practice through programs, staff and facilities in an environment that builds healthy spirit, mind and body for all. We count on our staff to provide extraordinary experiences for our guests and for each other and we expect constant demonstration of our core values of caring, honesty, respect, responsibility and faith.
* Responsible for independently executing programming activities
* Promote and assist in special event weekends and seasonal programming
* Provide a role model for other staff
* Identify and develop potential future programming in line with experience and skills
* Predict, prevent, identify and respond to safety issues
* Communicate with all guests in a mature, responsible fashion
* Use computer system to assist guests in signing up for activities, check out equipment, and check participant rosters
* Make change and balance cash boxes
* Participate in daily cleaning of program buildings as assigned
* All other duties as assigned, including working in other departments
SNOW MOUNTAIN RANCH SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS:
* Lead guided hikes or snowshoe hikes dependent on season
* Assist at the Nordic Center in winter when necessary
* Operate and maintain safety at the ice skating rink and winter tubing hill in winter
* Operate and maintain safety at the summer tubing hill
ESTES PARK CENTER SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS:
* Facilitate axe-throwing in the summer
* Facilitate escape rooms year-round
* Must be at least 18 years old
* Must be fluent in speaking English
* Must possess current Adult and Pediatric First Aid and CPR/AED certifications
GENERAL YMCA OF THE ROCKIES REQUIREMENTS:
* Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions
* Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs
* Possess excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional
* Support the Association safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff
* Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse environment
* Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards
* All other duties as assigned
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
As a volunteer there is no compensation. Volunteer perks include:
* Volunteers will be assigned rooms with windows and a full bathroom. There are common areas with TVs, refrigerators and microwaves. All rooms have a private telephone and internet access.
* Geronimo Campground is an alternative available for volunteers at Snow Mountain Ranch in the summer months(mid-May to mid-September). Please inquire for more details.
Board (3 buffet-style meals per day, 7 days per week):
Other employee perks and discounts include:
* Access to the YMCA of the Rockies facilities and activities which include but are not limited to: an indoor pool, basketball gymnasium, fitness classes, hiking/biking/skiing trails, archery, ice skating, disc golf, mini-golf, climbing wall, library, bonfire rings, craft shop and more. For the most current activity guides please click here: Estes Park Center / Snow Mountain Ranch
* Passes for skiing, rock climbing, mountain biking, and/or golf (dependent on season and resort - limited number available, first come first served basis)
* Free gear rentals for sports and outdoor activities
* Employee programming, including free or discounted staff trips, provided by the Staff Experience Team
* Lodging Discount Nights at either YMCA of the Rockies location, $25 per room per night, based on availability
* Other employee perks and discounts, including:
- Discounts at on site General Store/Gift Shop, Rustic Café/Buckboard Grill, and Jackson/Snow Mountain Stables
- Discounts at local merchants
- Shuttles for staff without vehicles based on season and availability for groceries, doctor, trips to town
- Cleaning supplies/equipment, linens and paper products provided/available for use.
Note: Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities,
or qualifications associated with the job.