Job Title: Administrative Assistant (Programs)
Employee Classification: Seasonal Revision Date: 12/3/2020
Reports to: Day Camp Director/Program Administrator
Leadership Level: Team Leader
Under the direction of the Day Camp Director/Program Administrator, the Administrative Assistant will assist in the development, implementation, supervision and evaluation of Day Camp and help describe/create guides for other program activities that take place at the Estes Park Center.
Required Position Dates: March 1, 2021-August 27, 2021
OUR MISSION AND CULTURE:
We firmly believe in our mission of putting Christian principles into practice through programs, staff and facilities in an environment that builds healthy spirit, mind and body for all. We are committed to being welcoming to all people and to making a difference in the lives of our members, guests and staff. We count on our staff to provide extraordinary mission-based experiences for our guests and for each other
* Assist in the maintenance, upkeep, opening and closing of CampMinder system including camper and staff information while maintaining professional confidentiality.
* Assist in the maintenance, upkeep, opening and closing of activities in our ActiveNet system for family programs.
* During Day Camp months of operation (June-August), responsible for the opening and operating of before camp.
* Responsible for maintaining a clean, organized and sanitary environment.
* Contribute to the overall upkeep of the Youth Programs buildings.
* Assist in the success of all Youth Programs as needed.
* Maintain a healthy, professional working relationship with all staff under supervision.
* Assist in supervising and evaluation of Registrars
* Assist in planning and implementing of Day Camp Staff Training.
* Assist in the development in flyers and guides for other program activities offered at EPC.
* Must be at least 21 years of age.
* Must possess a Bachelor’s degree in Education or related field and at least 2 years experience in residential or day camping.
* Must have experience working with children and college aged staff.
* Must enjoy working with young children.
* Must possess and maintain current First Aid and CPR Certification.
* Must be fluent in speaking and writing English.
* Must be able to lift up to 60 pounds.
* Must be able to walk up to 2 miles on uneven terrain.
* Must possess a valid, USA state issued driver’s license, an acceptable driving record, and comply with YMCA driving rules to be approved to operate YMCA vehicles.
* Must be proficient in Microsoft office functions. (Excel, Publisher, Word)
GENERAL YMCA OF THE ROCKIES REQUIREMENTS:
* Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions
* Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs.
* Possess and demonstrate excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional.
* Support the YMCA of the Rockies safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff.
* Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse community.
* Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards.
* All other duties as assigned.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
* Able to work outdoors in all weather, hiking large distances over varied terrain.
* Ability to lift up to 50 pounds and carry up one (1) flight of steps.
* Short bursts of stooping, kneeling, bending, standing for long periods of time, etc.
* Prolonged periods at a computer and on the phone.
WHAT WE OFFER:
This is a seasonal position with a base pay rate of $14.32/hour (based on 40 hours/week). This position includes:
Room & Board Options Available:
* Room (room in our staff dormitory with wifi, pay laundry facilities)
* Board (3 meals per day, 7 days per week)
Other employee perks and discounts include:
* Access to the YMCA of the Rockies facilities and activities which include but are not limited to: an indoor pool, basketball gymnasium, fitness classes, hiking/biking/skiing trails, archery, ice skating, disc golf, mini-golf, climbing wall, library, bonfire rings, craft shop and more. For the most current activity guides please click here: Estes Park Center / Snow Mountain Ranch
* Passes for skiing, rock climbing, mountain biking, and/or golf (dependent on season and resort - limited number available, first come first served basis)
* Free gear rentals for sports and outdoor activities
* Employee programming, including free or discounted staff trips, provided by the Staff Experience Team
* Lodging Discount Nights at either YMCA of the Rockies location, $25 per room per night, based on availability
* Other employee perks and discounts, including:
- Discounts at on site General Store/Gift Shop, Rustic Café/Buckboard Grill, and Jackson/Snow Mountain Stables
- Discounts at local merchants
- Shuttles for staff without vehicles based on season and availability for groceries, doctor, trips to town
- Cleaning supplies/equipment, linens and paper products provided/available for use
Note: Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities,
or qualifications associated with the job.