Administrative Assistant to the Resident Coordinator - Seasonal, Starting Immediately!
The Admin. Asst. to the Resident Coordinator assists the Resident Coordinator in providing information, assistance, and knowledge to ensure all Resident Assistant Office support services are delivered in a timely, efficient, professional, and ethical manner.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS / QUALIFICATIONS:
- Be passionate about building a community within our staff
- Have an unwavering ability to maintain strict confidentiality concerning Human Resources matters
- Demonstrate great customer service skills; must be friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional
- Possess accurate and proficient typing and computer data entry skills
- Be able to work well with frequent interruptions and unexpected situations in a busy office environment
- Must be a quick learner and be able to handle multiple tasks
- Must be highly organized and complete tasks in a timely and efficient basis
- Must be detail-oriented and accurate in all work
- Must work independently, is responsible and self-motivated
- Must communicate clearly visually and orally and be fluent in speaking, writing and reading English
- Assist Resident Coordinator with administrative tasks such as housing incoming staff, data entry, and communication with staff
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver's license and comply with YMCA driving record rules
- Screen incoming phone calls; help callers with queries
- Screen and assist people coming into the Resident Assistant Office
- Assist with maintaining staff files, including auditing current files
- Provide input and creative ideas for staff events and community building
- Type correspondence, memos and documents
- Maintain Resident Assistant Office computer data base and files
- Provide any needed assistance to the Human Resource/Resident Assistant staff, department managers, employees and guests to ensure a smooth operation
- Prepare reports as needed in relationship to the job function and/or by request of supervisor or other management staff
- Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies' Mission Statement
- Perform any additional responsibilities as directed by the Resident Staff Coordinator
- Assist with checking staff in and out of rooms and issuing keys
- Confidently familiarize new staff members with housing and Estes Park Center facilities.
Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job. This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with this job.
- Based on business needs, you may be required to work in other Departments and/or our other Center.
- All other duties as assigned
GENERAL YMCA OF THE ROCKIES REQUIREMENTS:
- Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions
- Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs
- Possess excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional
- Support the Association safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff
- Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse environment
- Be able to work evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Meet acceptable criminal background check standards
This is a seasonal, hourly (based on 40 hours/week) position, paying $220/week, with employee perks including:
- Room (shared room in our staff dormitory with free wifi and no bills!)
- Board (3 buffet-style meals per day, 7 days per week)
- Access to the YMCA of the Rockies facilities, which include: an indoor pool, basketball gymnasium, fitness classes, tennis courts, mini-golf, trails, roller rink, library, and an art center
- Free gear rentals for sports and outdoor activities
- Employee programming, including free or discounted staff trips, provided by the Resident Office
- Other employee perks and discounts, including:
- Free passes for skiing, rock climbing, mountain biking, and golf (dependent on season and resort)
- 20% Discount at our General Store, Rustic café, and Jackson Stable horseback rides
- Discounts at local merchants
- Discounted nights at YMCA of the Rockies lodges (with some date restrictions based on season/occupancy)
We have a zero tolerance policy for alcohol or drugs on property; in addition, no drug use is tolerated (including marijuana) during your employment with us whether on- or off-duty.
ABOUT THE YMCA OF THE ROCKIES:
The YMCA of the Rockies operates two year-round family resorts and conference centers on each side of Rocky Mountain National Park: Estes Park Center located in Estes Park, CO; Snow Mountain Ranch located in Winter Park, CO; and Camp Chief Ouray, a summer resident camp for kids located on the Snow Mountain Ranch property.
The Estes Park Center is the largest YMCA conference center in the world. At nearly 900 acres in size and serving over 200,000 guests each year, a dedicated team of individuals work to provide guests with a world-renowned experience.
We employ people of all ages, from across the country and the world, who want to experience the mountains and support our healthy spirit, mind, and body mission. Join us!
Please call our HR office at 970-586-3341 x1032, or email email@example.com
Job Status: Seasonal