Adventure Activities Facilitator - Seasonal
The Adventure Activities Facilitator facilitates people of all ages and abilities through low and high challenge course elements, our zip line program and climbing walls.
Essential Functions / Requirements:
- Must possess good human relations skills
- Must be physically able to climb with extra weight and spend extended periods of time at 40+ feet in our high ropes course, zip line and zip tower
- Regularly lifts up to 30 lbs up to shoulder height
- Teaches beginner and intermediate rock climbing to children and families aged 12+up attending the YMCA Day Camp Program and YMCA Family Programming
- Must have strong outdoor leadership skills and experience
- Previous experience working as a rock climbing instructor/ropes course facilitator is a plus, but training will be provided
- An interest in or experience working in a day camp setting is preferable
- Ability to direct and supervise others with professionalism and respect
- Willingness to work outside everyday regardless of the weather
- Certification through university outdoor programs, NOLS, Outward Bound, NCCT, etc desirable
- Current proof of CPR/First Aid is required
- Lead groups of guests on our zip line, high and low ropes courses and climbing wall
- Print session rosters and collect waivers for groups
- Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members and staff
- All other duties as assigned
Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job. This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with this job.
NOTE: Based on business needs, you may be required to work in other Departments and/or our other Center.
General YMCA of the Rockies Requirements:
- Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions
- Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs
- Possess excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional
- Support the Association safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff
- Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse environment
- May be required to work evenings, weekends, and holidays, depending on the position
- Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards
This is a seasonal, hourly (based on 40 hours/week) position, paying $230/week, with employee perks including:
- Room (shared room in our staff dormitory with free wifi and no bills!)
- Board (3 buffet-style meals per day, 7 days per week)
- Access to the YMCA of the Rockies facilities, which include: an indoor pool, basketball gymnasium, fitness classes, tennis courts, mini-golf, trails, roller rink, library, and an art center
- Free gear rentals for sports and outdoor activities
- Employee programming, including free or discounted staff trips, provided by the Resident Office
- Other employee perks and discounts, including:
- Free passes for skiing, rock climbing, mountain biking, and golf (dependent on season and resort)
- 20% Discount at our General Store, Rustic café, and Jackson Stable horseback rides
- Discounts at local merchants
- Discounted nights at YMCA of the Rockies lodges (with some date restrictions based on season/occupancy)
Drug and Alcohol Policy:
We have a zero tolerance policy for alcohol or drugs on property; in addition, no drug use is tolerated (including marijuana) during your employment with us whether on- or off-duty.
About the YMCA of the Rockies:
The YMCA of the Rockies operates two year-round family resorts and conference centers on each side of Rocky Mountain National Park: Estes Park Center located in Estes Park, CO; Snow Mountain Ranch located in Winter Park, CO; and Camp Chief Ouray, a summer resident camp for kids located on the Snow Mountain Ranch property.
The Estes Park Center is the largest YMCA conference center in the world. At nearly 900 acres in size and serving over 200,000 guests each year, a dedicated team of individuals work to provide guests with a world-renowned experience.
We employ people of all ages, from across the country and the world, who want to experience the mountains and support our healthy spirit, mind, and body mission. Join us!
Please call our HR office at 970-586-3341 x1032, or email email@example.com
Job Status: Seasonal