Adventure & Outdoor Ministries Facilitator-Seasonal, (Room & Board provided)
Position Summary: To support the office of the Chaplain by coordinating and facilitating adventure and outdoor faith-based experiences as well as providing leadership for other religious and spiritual life activities at Snow Mountain Ranch
Essential Functions / Requirements:
- A minimum of two years’ higher education or equivalent experience in ministry, recreation, education or outdoor leadership (Bachelor’s Degree preferred).
- Be a minimum of 21 years of age.
- Current First Aid and CPR certification is required. (Wilderness First Aid or Wilderness First Responder certification preferred).
- A minimum of one season of experience facilitating adventure and/or outdoor based programs.
- Ability to develop and lead spirituality focused adventure and outdoor programming for Snow Mountain Ranch Staff, Volunteers and Guests of all ages.
- Ability to work and move in a variety of environments, including outdoors in cold and snowy weather and possibly over rough terrain. Excellent physical condition is required.
- Provide leadership for TREK Gap Year program through coordinating weekly learning experiences (Fall, Winter, Spring).
- Serve as leader in the Snow Mountain Ranch Dogsled Program.
- Maintain Snow Mountain Ranch gear, equipment and facilities.
- Operate computer with Microsoft.
- Demonstrate ability to read, write and speak English.
- Support the Association safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members and staff.
- Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies and programs.
- Possess excellent customer service skills: friendly, personable, helpful, patient and professional.
- Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards.
Other Functions / Requirements:
- Maintaining a positive Christian Attitude and Lifestyle.
- Become familiar with Snow Mountain Ranch facilities and programming opportunities.
- Assist with daily operations of the Religious Activities Center (RAC) and other Chaplain areas.
- The ability to lead and assist with Snow Mountain Ranch worship experiences is helpful.
- Work in other Snow Mountain Ranch departments when required.
- Outgoing personality and representative of the Chaplain and Spiritual Programs.
- Possess excellent public speaking and presentation skills.
- Flexible to deal with a variety of circumstances and challenges.
- Open to working with all persons of all faiths and nationalities.
- Enjoys working with people. Demonstrating Christian compassion and support.
- Able to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to complete duties assigned on a priority basis and to be accountable for your work ("autograph your work with excellence").
- Able to instruct and provide delegation of duties to other staff working in the Chaplain’s department.
- Ability to work cooperatively with others in a diverse environment,
- Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions.
- Promote a cooperative, positive and problem-solving atmosphere at all times.
- All other duties as assigned.
Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job. This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with this job.
NOTE: Based on business needs, you may be required to work in other Departments and/or our other Center.
GENERAL YMCA OF THE ROCKIES REQUIREMENTS:
- Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions
- Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs
- Possess excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional
- Support the Association safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff
- Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse environment
- May be required to work evenings, weekends, and holidays, depending on the position
- Meet acceptable criminal background check standards
This is a seasonal, $6.25 hourly (based on 40 hours/week) position, with employee perks including:
- Room (shared room in our staff dormitory with free wifi and no bills!)
- Board (3 buffet-style meals per day, 7 days per week)
- Other employee perks and discounts, including:
- Access to the YMCA of the Rockies facilities, which include: an indoor pool, basketball gymnasium, fitness classes, hiking/biking/skiing trails, climbing wall, library, and craft shop
- Free Grand Passes for skiing, rock climbing, mountain biking, and golf (dependent on season and resort - limited number available, first come first served basis)
- Free gear rentals for sports and outdoor activities
- Employee programming, including free or discounted staff trips, provided by the Human Resources Office
- Discounted nights at YMCA of the Rockies lodges (with some date restrictions based on season/occupancy)
We have a strict policy against alcohol or drugs on property; in addition, no drug use is tolerated (including marijuana) during your employment with us whether on- or off-duty.
You must submit three references with your application, including their name, phone number and email address.
Two references must be someone who know you professionally (former or current manager, supervisor, teacher, professor, coach, pastor, etc.) and one reference must be a family member.
If you are a rehire and have worked at YMCA of the Rockies Estes Park Center, Snow Mountain Ranch, or Camp Chief Ouray at any time during the past three years, references are not required.
ABOUT THE YMCA OF THE ROCKIES:
The YMCA of the Rockies operates two year-round family resorts and conference centers on each side of Rocky Mountain National Park: Estes Park Center located in Estes Park, CO; Snow Mountain Ranch located in Winter Park, CO; and Camp Chief Ouray, a summer resident camp for kids located on the Snow Mountain Ranch property.
Snow Mountain Ranch (SMR) is located on the western side of the Rocky Mountain National Park, in a more remote area of Colorado known as the Fraser Valley, near Granby and Winter Park. In the winter, SMR is home to one of the largest Nordic ski areas in the country, with over 100 km of trails on the 5000-acre property. Winters at SMR can last up to eight months, but for winter enthusiasts, there is no place like it, with days and days of powder. In the summertime, SMR is surrounded by back-country forests and trails, with opportunities to get your boots or wheels in the dirt for many hours of fun.
We employ people of all ages, from across the country and the world, who want to experience the mountains and support our healthy spirit, mind, and body mission. Join us!
QUESTIONS? Please call our HR office at 970-887-2152 ext. 4219, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Status: Seasonal