Annual Giving Manager - Year Round
This position supports the work of the YMCA of the Rockies, which operates a mission-based family and group conference and retreat center, serving more than 225,000 guests annually. This position develops and implements strategies to create and strengthen relationships that advance both our mission and philanthropy at YMCA of the Rockies, specifically in the annual giving space. The Annual Giving Manager is primarily responsible for the successful implementation of the annual fund, the retention of annual fund donors, and staff giving campaigns.
OUR MISSION AND CULTURE:
We firmly believe in our mission of putting Christian principles into practice through programs, staff and facilities in an environment that builds healthy spirit, mind and body for all. We are committed to being welcoming to all people and to making a difference in the lives of our members, guests and staff. We count on our staff to provide extraordinary mission-based experiences for our guests and for each other.
- In collaboration with the Philanthropy Director, other philanthropy colleagues and volunteers lead Association approach to annual giving.
- Function as board liaison for their annual giving outreach efforts.
- In collaboration with the Philanthropy Director, implement our Radical Stewardship plan and progress through moves management strategies with relationship-based fundraising at the forefront.
- Develop and implement annual donor retention strategy in order to retain 60%or more of Summit Club donors each year.
- Plan and deliver a successful Summit Club and Spirit Society Dinner in collaboration with the Philanthropy Director.
- Build and maintain a portfolio of donors from Colorado, and other locales, who have the potential to become consistent contributors to the annual fund with gifts increasing overtime.
- Help build a philanthropic culture that is focused on relationship building and provides opportunities for the entire Association to become involved with and engaged in the advancement of our mission.
- Develop and implement strategies to ensure our staff (part-time, full-time, and seasonal) are aware of our mission and provide multiple opportunities for them to contribute to a staff giving campaign.
- Provide respectful leadership of the Estes Park Center columbarium and memorial/honor wall.
- In partnership with the HR Dept(s) build a robust alumni program that includes meaningful giving opportunities.
- Facilitate charitable stays with Central Reservations.
- At least 5 years of work experience that can be demonstrated to be applicable to the duties listed in the job description.
- Ability to effectively and efficiently handle multiple, simultaneous, and complex tasks and
- High level of organization is required in order to execute tasks in a timely and efficient manner.
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills.
- Raisers Edge or another philanthropic database experience a bonus.
GENERAL YMCA OF THE ROCKIES REQUIREMNTS:
- Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions
- Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs.
- Possess and demonstrate excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional.
- Support the YMCA of the Rockies safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff.
- Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse community.
- Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards.
- All other duties as assigned.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Possess stamina to work in the work environment described herein. Weekend and evening responsibilities are frequent and statewide and some out of state travel is required.
- Ability to lift up to 30 pounds on occasion.
Note: Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities,
or qualifications associated with the job.