Under the direction of the Program Director, the Aquatics Director hires, supervises and trains staff in all aspects of the pool. The Aquatics Director will develop, coordinate, and administer aquatics programs to benefit the guests, staff and community of the Estes Park Center.
Essential Functions / Requirements:
- Possess a bachelor's degree in Recreation or a related field.
- Minimum 3 years of lifeguard and pool supervisory experience.
- Must possess and maintain current Lifeguard and WSI certifications.
- Must possess and maintain current instructor certifications for Lifeguard, CPR, First Aid, AED and Oxygen Administration.
- Possess or be willing to obtain Certified Pool Operator qualification.
- Possess organizational, managerial skills, and supervisory skills.
- Hire, train, certify, schedule, supervise and evaluate a seasonal staff of lifeguards and a head lifeguard.
- Provide training and certification opportunities for staff, guests and the Estes Park Community.
- Plan, develop, and implement aquatic programs centered toward the whole family on a year-round basis.
- Plan, develop, and implement swim lessons and trainings for the Estes Park community.
- Plan, develop, and implement swim lessons for Bennett Pre School.
- Coordinate with other departments to schedule programs for groups and special events as needed.
- Maintain overall care of pool facility and equipment.
- Work closely with Buildings and Grounds to mainitain safety of the pool.
- Maintain adequate inventory of equipment and repair equipment as necessary.
- Develop and maintain budget for the pool.
- Maintain detailed records of programs and attendance.
- Ability to move throughout all Program buildings and outdoors over uneven terrain.
- Must be able to lift up tp 40 pounds.
- Fluent in speaking English and ability to communicate visually and orally.
- Must possess a valid, USA state issued driver’s license, an acceptable driving record, and comply with YMCA driving rules to be approved to operate YMCA vehicles.
Other Functions / Requirements:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and ability to learn new programs quickly.
- Enthusiasm for constant Program Department development and offerings expected
- All other duties as assigned.
Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job. This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with this job.
NOTE: Based on business needs, you may be required to work in other Departments and/or our other Center.
General YMCA of the Rockies Requirements:
- Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions.
- Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs.
- Possess excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional.
- Support the Association safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff.
- Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse environment.
- Must be able to work evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards.
This is a full-time, year-round, position paying $35,000 - $40,000 per year, with full benefits, including:
- Health, dental and life insurance
- Participation in the YMCA retirement plan
- Access to the YMCA of the Rockies facilities, which include: an indoor pool, basketball gymnasium, fitness classes, tennis courts, mini-golf, trails, roller rink, library, and an art center
- Discounted nights at YMCA of the Rockies lodges (with some date restrictions based on season/occupancy)
We have a zero tolerance policy for alcohol or drugs on property; in addition, no drug use is tolerated (including marijuana) during your employment with us whether on- or off-duty.
You must submit three references with your application, including their name, phone number and email address.
Two references must be someone who know you professionally (former or current manager, supervisor, teacher, professor, coach, pastor, etc.) and one reference must be a family member.
If you are a rehire and have worked at YMCA of the Rockies Estes Park Center, Snow Mountain Ranch, or Camp Chief Ouray at any time during the past three years, references are not required.
ABOUT THE YMCA OF THE ROCKIES:
The YMCA of the Rockies operates two year-round family resorts and conference centers on each side of Rocky Mountain National Park: Estes Park Center located in Estes Park, CO; Snow Mountain Ranch located in Winter Park, CO; and Camp Chief Ouray, a summer resident camp for kids located on the Snow Mountain Ranch property.
The Estes Park Center is the largest YMCA conference center in the world. At nearly 900 acres in size and serving over 200,000 guests each year, a dedicated team of individuals work to provide guests with a world-renowned experience.
We employ people of all ages, from across the country and the world, who want to experience the mountains and support our healthy spirit, mind, and body mission. Join us!
Please call our HR office at 970-586-3341 x1032, or email email@example.com
Estes Park Center
About the Organization
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Status: Full Time