Assistant Conference Setup and Services Manager
This position supports the work of the YMCA of the Rockies, Estes Park Center, which operates a mission-based family and group conference and retreat center, serving more than 175,000 guests annually. The Conference Set-Up and Services Assistant Manager is primarily responsible for leading team members through job training, set ups for 70+ meeting room/ event spaces. Maintaining cleanliness in all meeting spaces and providing hospitality to the groups occupying those meeting spaces. The crew leader will also provide office support through reception and work flow organization as determined by department manager.
OUR MISSION AND CULTURE:
We firmly believe in our mission of putting Christian principles into practice through programs, staff and facilities in an environment that builds healthy spirit, mind and body for all. We are committed to being welcoming to all people and to making a difference in the lives of our members, guests and staff. We count on our staff to provide extraordinary mission-based experiences for our guests and for each other.
- Demonstrate strong leadership abilities needed to effectively train, supervise, motivate and mentor a diverse team while upholding the standards of the YMCA core values.
- Exhibit superior guest services abilities through clear, professional and friendly interactions (verbal and written), timely and accurate follow through on requests, and resolves problematic guest situations professionally with guest satisfaction as a goal.
- Execute set ups accurately and hold team members accountable to uphold the quality standards set by supervisor.
- Possess strong attention to detail, and ability to prioritize and delegate tasks appropriately in an ever-changing, time sensitive environment.
- Possess stamina to work in the work environment described herein.
- Maintain and clean meeting spaces and restrooms associated with those meeting spaces.
- Deliver, set up, and take down tables, chairs, stage, and audio and video equipment for concerts, conferences, family programing events, and staff events in meeting spaces and auditoriums, and provide technical support as required.
- Operate and maintain various floor cleaning equipment.
- Use Maestro Reservation procedures and various spreadsheet applications applicable to department.
- Provide office reception as needed, including radio dispatch and interdepartmental communication via phone, radio, and email.
- Keep YMCA vehicles clean and orderly, and monitor maintenance schedule.
- Willingness to work rotating shifts – sometimes early mornings or late nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Ability to troubleshoot problems under pressure and in stressful situations.
- Ability to prioritize work assignments and self-supervise on projects and daily work assignments.
- Previous conference/banquet experience a plus but not required.
- Be willing to learn basic Audio Visual set ups.
- Work effectively with supervisor to organize daily workflow, verifying information with YMCA Conference Coordinators and/or group Leaders.
- Have the ability to identify potential problems or safety hazards and be able to report them to a supervisor.
- Possess excellent guest service and interpersonal skills.
- Be able to speak and write English.
- Possess a valid, USA state-issued driver’s license, an acceptable driving record, and comply with YMCA driving rules to be approved to operate YMCA vehicles.
- Be self-motivated and able to work independently.
GENERAL YMCA OF THE ROCKIES REQUIREMNTS
- Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions.
- Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs.
- Possess and demonstrate excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional.
- Support the YMCA of the Rockies safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff.
- Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse community.
- Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bilingual preferred.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- The employee needs to be able to lift, carry, and set up tables, various objects including but not limited to, tables, chairs, and stage pieces.
- Be able to bend, stoop, kneel, vacuum, walk and scrub using a variety of cleaning chemicals.
- The employee needs sufficient strength, agility and mobility to perform essential functions and to supervise activities in a wide variety of indoor and outdoor locations.
- The employee must be able to regularly lift up to 60 pounds and move up to 150 pounds.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
COMPENSATION PACKAGE & EMPLOYEE PERKS:
- Health, dental, and life insurance
- Generous PTO/Vacation
- Participation in YMCA Retirement Fund (an additional 12% contribution by YMCA after 2 years employment)
- YMCA of the Rockies membership
- Discounted childcare, summer day camp, and summer overnight camp
- Discounted nights at YMCA of the Rockies lodges for friends & family
- Ski passes to nearby resorts
- Free or discounted gear rentals for outdoor adventures
- View all YMCA of the Rockies employee perks by visiting https://jobs.ymcarockies.org/year-round-jobs