This position supports the work of the YMCA of the Rockies, Snow Mountain Ranch, which operates a mission-based family and group conference and retreat center and residential summer camp, serving more than 50,000 for SMR annually. The Assistant Equipment Operator/Grounds Seasonal Supervisor is primarily responsible for assisting in operating equipment and vehicles in a safe and appropriate manner and during the summer months, managing the seasonal grounds crew. This includes snow plowing, vehicle and equipment repair, and building maintenance.
OUR MISSION AND CULTURE:
We firmly believe in our mission of putting Christian principles into practice through programs, staff and facilities in an environment that builds healthy spirit, mind and body for all. We are committed to being welcoming to all people and to making a difference in the lives of our members, guests and staff. We count on our staff to provide extraordinary mission-based experiences for our guests and for each other.
* High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
* Minimum of two years’ experience operating and repairing heavy equipment.
* Ability to safely operate all hand and power tools common to equipment repair and proper use of all personal protective equipment needed to safely do assigned work.
* Plow snow regularly during the winter months. Will include weekends, early mornings, late evenings, and holidays.
* Troubleshoot, diagnose, repair, and maintain equipment and vehicles.
* Able to work independently and be self-directed.
* Perform and record daily safety and maintenance checks.
* Maintain and service all equipment following manufactures recommendations.
* Experience with operation and routine maintenance of heavy and light equipment, including but not limited to: backhoe/front end loader, dozer, motor grader, skid-steer loader, trencher, track hoe, dump truck, snow plowing equipment, tractors, mowers, and chainsaws.
* Able to spend long hours working on and operating equipment.
* Ability to independently work from ladders and scaffolding, on roofs, in crawl spaces and attics.
* Ability to work while standing all day, with frequent bending and working with arms extended overhead.
* Occasional heavy lifting and ability to independently carry objects up to 75 pounds.
* Ability to work indoors and outdoors in extreme weather conditions.
* Ability to read, write and follow written and oral instructions in English.
* Ability to plan and prioritize projects and work time in the most efficient way possible.
* Requisition parts, materials and tools necessary to perform the tasks assigned.
* Recommend repairs and improvements needed and communicate these projects to the appropriate supervisor for planning purposes.
* Complete assigned tasks in a safe, clean and professional manner and communicate that completion with those necessary to get the accommodation or facility back up and running.
* Must have good time management skills and be able to prioritize work
* Good interpersonal and leadership skills, and teaching/training skills
* Work alongside, train, and supervise seasonal/volunteer B&G staff
* Proven experience with ground maintenance operations in a commercial resort setting.
* Experience with gardening, flowers, weed control, mowing, sprinkler systems,
* Ability to operate office equipment including, but not limited to telephone, computer, copy machine, hand-held radios, etc
* Provide disciplinary action as needed
* Possess a valid, USA state-issued driver’s license, an acceptable driving record, and comply with YMCA driving rules to be approved to operate YMCA vehicles.
* Possess stamina to work in the work environment described herein.
* General knowledge of welding and ability to weld.
* A high level of attention to detail and ability to thoroughly complete each job task.
* Willing and able to be on-call at least one night each week if living on-grounds.
* Promote a cooperative, positive and problem-solving atmosphere at all times.
* Communicate with coworkers and supervisor to ensure a quality product and timely completion of products.
* Assist in the Auto Shop as needed to maintain and repair the vehicle fleet and small power equipment.
* Assist the Buildings & Grounds Department as needed to ensure quality services for guests and staff.
* Plan and prioritize projects and work time for efficiency
GENERAL YMCA OF THE ROCKIES REQUIREMENTS:
* Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions
* Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs.
* Possess and demonstrate excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional.
* Support the YMCA of the Rockies safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff.
* Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse community.
* Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards.
* All other duties as assigned.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
* Work inside and outside in extreme weather conditions.
* Work in noisy environment
* Physical effort with occasional heavy lifting and carrying of objects up to 75 pounds required.
* Considerable standing, walking, bending, stretching, and working in cramped or awkward positions required. Work with hands at shoulder height and above head.
Note: Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job. This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.
This is a full time, year-round, hourly position paying $15-$17 BOE, with full benefits, including:
- Health/dental/life insurance
- Participation in the YMCA retirement plan
- Discounted nights at both Estes Park Center and Snow Mountain Ranch (with some date restrictions based on season/occupancy)
- YMCA of the Rockies family membership
- Other employee perks including free skiing/mountain biking/golfing (dependent on season and resort) at Winter Park Resort, Granby Ranch, Copper Mountain, Steamboat, and other clubs/resorts
We have a strict policy for alcohol or drugs on property; in addition, no drug use is tolerated (including marijuana) during your employment with us whether on- or off-duty.
ABOUT THE YMCA of the Rockies:
The YMCA of the Rockies operates two year-round family resorts and conference centers on each side of Rocky Mountain National Park: Estes Park Center located in Estes Park, CO; Snow Mountain Ranch located in Winter Park, CO; and Camp Chief Ouray, a summer resident camp for kids located on the Snow Mountain Ranch property.
Snow Mountain Ranch (SMR) is located on the western side of the Rocky Mountain National Park, in a more remote area of Colorado known as the Fraser Valley, near Granby and Winter Park. In the winter, SMR is home to one of the largest Nordic ski areas in the country, with over 100 km of trails on the 5000-acre property. Winters at SMR can last up to eight months, but for winter enthusiasts, there is no place like it, with days and days of powder. In the summertime, SMR is surrounded by back-country forests and trails, with opportunities to get your boots or wheels in the dirt for many hours of fun.
We employ and provide volunteer positions for people of all ages, from across the country and the world, who want to experience the mountains and support our healthy spirit, mind, and body mission. Join us!
QUESTIONS? Please call our HR office at 970-887-2152 ext. 4013, or email email@example.com.