Assistant Housekeeping Manager - Year Round
This position supports the work of the YMCA of the Rockies Snow Mountain Ranch, which operates a mission-based family and group conference center with three lodges, over 60 family cabins, and 9 reunion cabins. The Assistant Housekeeping Manager contributes to the team by completing and/or overseeing numerous tasks associated with leadership, training, commercial laundry, lodging and cabin cleaning, stocking supplies, and lodging inspections. Effective communication between the Housekeeping Department and the Snow Mountain Ranch Front Desk is a key component of the Assistant Housekeeping Managers day-to-day responsibilities.
OUR MISSION AND CULTURE:
We firmly believe in our mission of putting Christian principles into practice through programs, staff and facilities in an environment that builds healthy spirit, mind and body for all. We are committed to being welcoming to all people and to making a difference in the lives of our members, guests and staff. We count on our staff to provide extraordinary mission-based experiences for our guests and for each other.
- Provide strong, motivational leadership to a team of 20-60 members of the Snow Mountain Ranch Housekeeping cleaning and commercial laundry staff.
- Assist the Housekeeping Manager with all scheduling needs.
- Complete weekly staffing forecasts and scheduling.
- Assist the Housekeeping Manager with timeclock management.
- Coach, train and mentor crew supervisors and seasonal crew leaders to become strong leaders, and ensure all policies and procedures are being followed in the field.
- Identify areas cleaning operations could be improved for quality and efficiency.
- Assist Housekeeping Manager with scheduling and responding to carpet cleaning and water extraction needs.
- Ensure that accommodation cleaning standards are met through quality control techniques identified through discussions with the Housekeeping Manager and other Housekeeping leadership.
- Report any quality control trends that crews are missing to the Housekeeping Manager.
- Identify equipment and supply needs and work with the Assistant Manager Laundry Operations and the Housekeeping Manager to ensure inventory is replenished in a timely manner.
- Ensure housekeepers are equipped with necessary cleaning supplies.
- Responsible for ensuring lodge supply closets are organized and stocked.
- Assist Housekeeping Manager with interviews, hiring and supervision and performance appraisal of Crew Supervisors.
- Provide assistance in commercial laundry as needed.
- Ensure all machinery, chemicals and vehicles are properly operated and maintained.
- Ensure safe practices and procedures are followed for chemicals, biohazards, and machinery, including the commercial laundry facility.
- Assist with inspections and cleaning responsibilities as needed.
- One year of management experience in the hospitality industry.
- Must be extremely organized with the ability to pay attention to the details.
- Able to work various shifts that include weekends, holidays and evenings.
- Able to access and move through all YMCA facilities.
- Possess valid, USA drivers license, good driving record.
- Able to operate YMCA vehicles including vans and trucks in all weather conditions.
- Willingness to work cooperatively with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Bilingual skills (Spanish) helpful but not mandatory.
GENERAL YMCA OF THE ROCKIES REQUIREMNTS:
- Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions.
- Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs.
- Possess and demonstrate excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional.
- Support the YMCA of the Rockies safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff.
- Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse community.
- Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards.
- All other duties as assigned.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Must possess physical stamina to walk, stand and work in an environment that experiences significant temperature variations throughout the day and year.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, and kneel repeatedly throughout the day.
- Able to work effectively in a noisy and fast-paced environment.
- Able to work weekends and holidays.
- Able to work at nearly 9000-ft elevation and possess basic level of physical fitness.
- Able to walk up and down stairs and get into and out of vehicles freely.
- Able to lift up to 30lbs of weight at various times throughout the day.
Note: Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities,
or qualifications associated with the job.