Assistant Human Resources Director - Year Round
The Assistant Human Resources Director provides operational and administrative support to the Human Resources Director to ensure all Human Resources support services are delivered in a timely, efficient, professional, and ethical manner. This individual also provides administrative support to the Estes Park Center Volunteer Program as needed.
OUR MISSION AND CULTURE:
We firmly believe in our mission of putting Christian principles into practice through programs, staff, and facilities in an environment that builds healthy spirit, mind, and body for all. We are committed to being welcoming to all people and to making a difference in the lives of our members, guests, and staff. We count on our staff to provide extraordinary mission-based experiences for our guests and each other.
- Assist Human Resources Director in all daily operations
- An unwavering ability to maintain strict confidentiality concerning all Human Resources and YMCA of the Rockies sensitive information
- Oversee all aspects of Human Resources-related matters in the HR Directors’ absence
- Oversee and ensure completion of Orientation and all required training
- Assist with coordinating staff sharing between centers when necessary
- Oversee, plan and execute Orientation and annual staff events
- Assist in responding to inquiries of government, regulatory, or community agencies.
- Type correspondence, memos, and documents
- Screen and assist visitors to the Human Resources Office
- Prepare agendas, meeting minutes, power points, etc.
- Assist staff with pay advances, and any inquiries, questions, problems, or concerns
- Work with department managers to assist where necessary with HR-related matters
- Order and maintain office supplies and arrange for equipment maintenance
- Ensure cleanliness and safety of the Human Resources Office
- Assist in training and supervising HR staff, including HR volunteers and interns
- Assist with the EPC Volunteers hiring process when needed
- Operate in a supportive and professional manner at all times
- Ability to work a flexible and at times unexpected schedule
- Willingness to be on call if needed
- Answer and respond to inquiries, phone calls, voicemails, and emails both verbally and electronically
- Use a computer, fax machine, scanner, copy machine, telephone
- Able to work in a busy, at times high-stress office environment with frequent interruptions
- Very good organizational skills and complete tasks on a timely and efficient basis.
- Extremely detail-oriented and accurate
- Quick learner and be able to prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Be comfortable speaking and presenting in groups of up to 200
- Work independently and take initiative
- Ability to fluently speak, write, and read English
- Bilingual preferred
- Experience in an administrative setting
- Strong computer skills
- High level of emotional intelligence
- Comfortable with difficult conversations
- Ability to operate well under pressure and stressful situations
- Possess a valid, USA state-issued driver’s license, an acceptable driving record, and comply with YMCA driving rules to be approved to operate YMCA vehicles
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- All other duties as assigned
GENERAL YMCA OF THE ROCKIES REQUIREMENTS:
- Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility, and Faith in all functions
- Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs.
- Possess and demonstrate excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional.
- Support the YMCA of the Rockies safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff.
- Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse community.
- Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards.
- All other duties as assigned.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Operate professionally under high-stress situations
- Sit and stand, get up and down frequently, and move around during shift
- Lift and carry up to 25 pounds
Note: Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.