Assistant Laundry Supervisor
POSITION SUMMARY: This position supports the work of the YMCA of the Rockies, Snow Mountain Ranch, which operates a mission-based family and group conference and retreat center, and a residential camp, serving more than 50,000 annually. The Assistant Laundry Supervisor is primarily responsible for sorting, washing, drying/folding, and delivery of clean linens for use in all lodge and cabin accommodations. The person in this position will also assist with pick-up of dirty linens to the industrial laundry facility and delivery of supplies to Housekeeping storage rooms.
OUR MISSION AND CULTURE: We firmly believe in our mission of putting Christian principles into practice through programs, staff and facilities in an environment that builds healthy spirit, mind and body for all. We count on our staff to provide extraordinary experiences for our guests and for each other and we expect constant demonstration of our core values of caring, honesty, respect, responsibility and faith.
Essential Job Functions / Requirements:
- Assist the Laundry Supervisor with daily operation of the industrial laundry operation and run the laundry smoothly in the absence of the Laundry Supervisor.
- Be able to follow safe practices and procedures for handling chemicals, biohazards, and machinery
- Sorts, carries, folds, and stacks laundry.
- Loads and empties washers and dryers.
- Operates washers and dryers at proper time, temperature and load cycle settings.
- Moves, replaces, connects laundry chemical drums using a wheel dolly.
- Trains and leads new staff.
- Assists with Housekeeping functions as needed, including serving as a Crew Leader or member of a crew when workload requires additional cleaning help.
- Serves guests in Linen Exchange and monitors cleanliness of Guest Laundry.
- Assist with pick-up of dirty linens and delivery of supplies to Housekeeping storage rooms.
- Must be comfortable driving vans and trucks in all weather conditions.
Other Functions / Requirements:
- Possess a valid, USA state-issued drivers license, an acceptable driving record, and comply with YMCA driving policies to be approved to operate YMCA vehicles.
- Must be able to converse, read, write and type in English.
- Prior experience in housekeeping and/or laundry operations a plus, but not required. Willing to train the right person.
Work Environment & Physical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Must possess physical stamina to walk and stand for extended periods of time throughout the work day and to go up and down stairways repeatedly.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, and kneel repeatedly throughout the workday.
- Must possess physical stamina to work in warm/hot environment throughout the workday.
- Must possess physical strength to lift up to 30lbs repeatedly throughout the workday.
- Must be able to work effectively in a noisy and fast paced environment.
General YMCA of the Rockies Requirements:
- Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions
- Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs
- Possess excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional
- Support the Association safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff
- Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with with others in a diverse environment
- Must be able to work evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards
Note: Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities,
or qualifications associated with the job.