Audio Visual & Quality Control Specialist - SMR
Job Title: Audio Visual & Quality Control Specialist - Snow Mountain Ranch
Employee Classification: Year-Round, Benefited Revision Date: 03/2019
Reports to: Conference Director/Guest Services
Leadership Level: Team Leader
Under the direction of the Conference Director in the Guest Services Department, the Audio Visual and Quality Control Specialist is responsible for overseeing the delivery and operation of audio visual equipment in all meeting spaces and event halls. The A/V Specialist & Quality Control Specialist will also be responsible for delivering training to all staff who will be setting up A/V equipment, stages, tables, chairs and other group requests, and for ensuring group needs are being met on a daily basis. This individual must possess superior troubleshooting, project management, training and interpersonal skills.
OUR MISSION AND CULTURE:
We firmly believe in our mission of putting Christian principles into practice through programs, staff and facilities in an environment that builds healthy spirit, mind and body for all. We are committed to being welcoming to all people and to making a difference in the lives of our members, guests and staff. We count on our staff to provide extraordinary mission-based experiences for our guests and for each other.
- Oversee audio visual equipment including operating, repairing, troubleshooting, programming, testing, and purchasing
- Maintain database of all inventoried equipment & ensure checkout and return of all equipment is documented
- Review daily reports to make sure setups & deliveries have been completed correctly and on time; working with Lodging & Events Operations, provide consistent oversight to ensure setup responsibilities are adequately staffed every day
- Deliver, set up, and take down audio and video equipment for concerts, conferences, family programing events, and staff events in meeting spaces and auditoriums, and provide technical support as required
- Serve as event technician for meetings and events
- Climb ladders, use man lifts, use basic hand tools, and use basic power tools in repair and maintenance and installation of AV equipment
- Identify areas of technological and departmental growth and implement solutions to meet those needs
- Create, manage, and assist with special AV projects for the improvement of services offered
- Research, recommend and install audio visual systems in meeting rooms
- Work with the Conference Director to purchase new equipment within the parameters of the AV department budget
- Design and deliver a comprehensive training program for seasonal staff that will prepare them to setup and operate A/V equipment in all meeting spaces, set rooms up according to group requests with chairs, tables, tablecloths, and to deliver basic refreshment catering.
- Provide daily quality checks on all meeting spaces being used by groups. Communicate with Lodging & Events Operations (LEO) staff to ensure setups are being done according to specifications.
- Assist with meeting space setups and cleaning of meeting spaces and associated restroom facilities as needed
- Carry 60lbs up to 100 yards, and lift 50-60lbs above head
- Assist Guest Services Department with guest deliveries and requests as needed
- Cross train with Conference & Front Desk staff to provide backup in Conference, Front Desk and Switchboard operations
- Serve as an assistant to the Conference Director when needed
- Work with the Lodging & Events Operations Department when not occupied by obligations to groups and when not working on other various AV projects
- Keep the YMCA of the Rockies meeting facilities and conference equipment clean and in working order; responsibilities will include learning to operate a carpet - cleaning van to assist Lodging & Events Operations with keeping chair cushions and carpets clean in meeting spaces and common areas
- One year of experience working daily with audio and video technology
- At least one year of experience working in hospitality field; candidates with an Associates or Bachelor’s degree in a hospitality field preferred, but additional experience in A/V technology can be substituted
- Excellent guest service skills
- Ability to troubleshoot problems under pressure and in stressful situations
- Ability to prioritize work assignments and departmental projects
- Superior interpersonal skills and a degree of discretion are required to work with group leaders and groups whose topics may be at times controversial or of a delicate nature
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills necessary to meet the individual AV needs of groups and conferences.
- Willingness and ability to learn new skills pertaining to the job as needed
- Willingness to work rotating shifts - sometimes early mornings or late nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Possess and maintain a valid driver's license and comply with YMCA driving record rules
- Ability to schedule and manage work assignments in cooperation with the Lodging & Events Operations staff.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Be able to bend, stoop, kneel, walk, climb ladders, and carry heavy equipment.
- The employee needs sufficient strength, agility and mobility to perform essential functions and to supervise activities in a wide variety of indoor and outdoor locations including a wide range of weather conditions.
- The noise level in the work environment is low to moderate.
This is a seasonal, $14.35 hourly (based on 40 hours/week) position, with employee perks including:
- Health, dental and life insurance
- Participation in the YMCA retirement plan
- Access to the YMCA of the Rockies facilities, which include: an indoor pool, basketball gymnasium, fitness classes, tennis courts, mini-golf, trails, roller rink, library, and an art center
- Discounted nights at YMCA of the Rockies lodges (with some date restrictions based on season/occupancy)
- Access to the YMCA of the Rockies facilities, which include: an indoor pool, basketball gymnasium, fitness classes, hiking/biking/skiing trails, library, and an art center
- Free passes for skiing, rock climbing, mountain biking, and golf (dependent on season and resort)
- Free gear rentals for sports and outdoor activities
- Employee programming, including free or discounted staff trips, provided by the Human Resources Office
- Discounted nights at YMCA of the Rockies lodges (with some date restrictions based on season/occupancy) and various local restaurants
We have a strict policy against alcohol or drugs on property; in addition, no drug use is tolerated (including marijuana) during your employment with us whether on- or off-duty.
ABOUT THE YMCA OF THE ROCKIES:
The YMCA of the Rockies operates two year-round family resorts and conference centers on each side of Rocky Mountain National Park: Estes Park Center located in Estes Park, CO; Snow Mountain Ranch located in Winter Park, CO; and Camp Chief Ouray, a summer resident camp for kids located on the Snow Mountain Ranch property.
Snow Mountain Ranch (SMR) is located on the western side of the Rocky Mountain National Park, in a more remote area of Colorado known as the Fraser Valley, near Granby and Winter Park. In the winter, SMR is home to one of the largest Nordic ski areas in the country, with over 100 km of trails on the 5000-acre property. Winters at SMR can last up to eight months, but for winter enthusiasts, there is no place like it, with days and days of powder. In the summertime, SMR is surrounded by back-country forests and trails, with opportunities to get your boots or wheels in the dirt for many hours of fun.
We employ people of all ages, from across the country and the world, who want to experience the mountains and support our healthy spirit, mind, and body mission. Join us!
QUESTIONS? Please call our HR office at 970-887-2152 ext. 4219, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities,
or qualifications associated with the job.
Job Status: Full Time