Audio Visual Specialist - Year Round
The Audio-Visual Specialist is responsible for ensuring the delivery and operation of audio-visual equipment in all auditoriums and meeting spaces. They will lead team members through job training, oversee, manage and troubleshoot setups for 70+ meeting room/ event spaces, maintain cleanliness in all meeting spaces and provide hospitality to the groups occupying those locations.
OUR MISSION AND CULTURE:
We firmly believe in our mission of putting Christian principles into practice through programs, staff, and facilities in an environment that builds healthy spirit, mind, and body for all. We are committed to being welcoming to all people and to making a difference in the lives of our members, guests, and staff. We count on our staff to provide extraordinary mission-based experiences for our guests and each other.
- Oversee audiovisual equipment: maintain inventory, operating, repairing, troubleshooting, programming, and testing.
- Work effectively with supervisors to organize daily workflow, verifying information with YMCA Conference Coordinators and/or group leaders.
- Use software and various spreadsheet applications applicable to the department.
- Serve as Front of House Engineer and event technician, including all components of live sound reinforcement: EQ, effects, house mix, monitor mix, soundcheck, and live performance.
- Provide attention to detail and organization to ensure timeliness, accuracy, and quality in all set-ups
- Operate and set programmable lighting systems; position auditorium theatrical lights.
- Assist with technical support of events.
- Supervise and train seasonal staff and/or volunteers
- Communicate daily with guests and staff providing professional and friendly interactions at all times
- Resolve guest issues with professionalism and tact
- Provide office reception as needed, including radio dispatch and interdepartmental communication via phone, radio, and email.
- Work rotating shifts early mornings or late nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Keep YMCA vehicles clean and orderly, and monitor maintenance schedule.
- Identify and report any potential problems or safety hazards.
- Ensure cleanliness of AV office, all meeting spaces, and restrooms associated with space.
- Assist in delivery, set up, and breakdown of all events as needed.
- Manage or assist with special AV and CSS projects.
- Keep the YMCA of the Rockies AV facilities and equipment in clean and operating order.
- All other duties assigned.
- Bilingual preferred.
- Knowledge of audio, video, and lighting technology.
- Previous conference/banquet experience is a plus but not required.
- Willingness and ability to learn new skills about the job.
- Possess a valid, USA state-issued drivers license, an acceptable driving record, and comply with YMCA driving rules to be approved to operate YMCA vehicles.
- Musical aptitude preferred.
- Able to speak and write in English.
GENERAL YMCA OF THE ROCKIES REQUIREMENTS:
- Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility, and Faith in all functions.
- Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs
- Possess and demonstrate excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional.
- Support the YMCA of the Rockies safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff.
- Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse community.
- Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards.
- All other duties as assigned.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- The employee needs to be able to bend, stoop, kneel, walk, and climb ladders.
- Clean using a variety of cleaning chemicals.
- Ability to perform the job in a variety of weather conditions.
- The employee must be able to regularly lift and carry 60 pounds above the head.
- The employee must be able to move up to 150 pounds.
- The noise level in the work environment is moderate to high.
Note: Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.