Audio Visual Technician
Under the direction of the Audio Visual Manager and Audio Visual Assistant Manager, the Audio Visual Technician is responsible for ensuring the delivery and operation of audio visual equipment in all auditoriums and meeting spaces. This individual is required to possess superior troubleshooting, project management, and interpersonal skills.
OUR MISSION AND CULTURE:
We firmly believe in our mission of putting Christian principles into practice through programs, staff and facilities in an environment that builds healthy spirit, mind and body for all. We are committed to being welcoming to all people and to making a difference in the lives of our members, guests and staff. We count on our staff to provide extraordinary mission-based experiences for our guests and for each other.
- Oversee audio visual equipment: keeping inventory, operating, repairing, troubleshooting, programming, and testing
- Work with guests to meet a variety of needs and solve problems efficiently
- Deliver, set up, and take down audio and video equipment for concerts, conferences, family programing events, and staff events in meeting spaces and auditoriums, and provide technical support as required
- Serve as Front of House Engineer and event technician, including all components of live sound reinforcement: EQ, effects, house mix, monitor mix, sound check, and live performance
- Operate and set programmable lighting systems; position auditorium theatrical lights as required by guests
- Climb ladders, use man lifts, use basic hand tools, and use basic power tools in repair and maintenance of AV equipment
- Manage or assist with special AV projects
- Carry 60lbs up to 100 yards, and lift 50-60lbs above head
- Work with the Conference Setup and Services department when not occupied by obligations to groups and when not working on other various AV projects
- Keep the YMCA of the Rockies AV facilities in a clean and operating order
- Uphold the Mission & Core Values of the YMCA of the Rockies
- Meet certain standards of performance and conduct as pertaining to the essential functions
- All other duties assigned
- Knowledge of audio, video, and lighting technology
- Possess excellent guest service and interpersonal skills
- Ability to troubleshoot problems under pressure and in stressful situations
- Ability to prioritize work assignments and self-supervise on projects and daily work assignments
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills necessary to meet the individual AV needs of groups and conferences.
- Willingness and ability to learn new skills pertaining to the job
- Willingness to work rotating shifts sometimes early mornings or late nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Possess and maintain a valid driver's license and comply with YMCA driving record rules
- Musical aptitude preferred
Two AV uniform button down shirts will be provided for you. You need to provide/wear your own comfortable closed-toe shoes and black or khaki pants or shorts. Sweatpants or yoga pants will not be permitted.
GENERAL YMCA OF THE ROCKIES REQUIREMENTS:
- Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions
- Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs
- Possess and demonstrate excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional
- Support the YMCA of the Rockies safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff
- Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse community
- Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards
- All other duties as assigned
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Be able to bend, stoop, kneel, walk, climb ladders, and carry heavy equipment
- The employee needs sufficient strength, agility and mobility to perform essential functions and to supervise activities in a wide variety of indoor and outdoor locations including a wide range of weather conditions
- The employee must be able to regularly lift up to 60 pounds and move up to 200 pounds
- The noise level in the work environment is moderate to high
Note: Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.