Banquet Captain - Year-Round
Job Title: Banquet Captain- EPC Status: Non-Exempt
Employee Classification: Year-Round Revision Date: 07/2018
Reports to: Catering Manager
Leadership Level: Team Leader
This position supports the work of the YMCA of the Rockies, Estes Park Center, which operates a mission-based family and group conference and retreat center serving more than 150,000 annually. The Banquet Captain is responsible for organizing special events in our Food Service facility, including weddings, receptions, and other group events.
Hourly Pay Range: $12.38-$13.93
OUR MISSION AND CULTURE:
We firmly believe in our mission of putting Christian principles into practice through programs, staff and facilities in an environment that builds healthy spirit, mind and body for all. We are committed to being welcoming to all people and to making a difference in the lives of our members, guests and staff. We count on our staff to provide extraordinary mission-based experiences for our guests and for each other.
* Have excellent time management and organizational skills.
* Be fluent in written and oral English.
* Maintain a neat, clean, professional appearance and presentation.
* Work holidays, weekends, and morning or evening shifts.
* Have basic computer skills and develop knowledge of property management software.
* Setup and execution of weddings and special events.
* Serve as liaison between various departments needed to implement weddings and special events.
* Collaborate with Conference/ Wedding Coordinator and Catering Manager to help with site tours and informational meetings.
* Provide guidance to event leaders.
* Manage every detail of events to meet guest expectations.
* Train banquet staff in proper etiquette, policies, procedures and event venue set up and service.
* Schedule and supervise banquet staff.
* Have access to and knowledge of AV inventory and coordinate needs with AV Techs.
* Develop standardized floor plans to give guest a clear understanding of the facilities’ layout.
* Keep a detailed inventory of banquet supplies and the condition of those supplies.
* Restaurant Manager for seasonal restaurant.
* Possess a valid, USA state issued driver’s license, an acceptable driving record, and comply with YMCA driving rules to be approved to operate YMCA vehicles.
* Possess stamina to work in the work environment described herein.
* Have at least three years’ experience in banqueting, catering and/or food service.
* Have or able to acquire a food handler certification.
* Able to work eight-hour shifts on concrete floors and lift 40 pounds up to 36 inch high tables
* Attend local and regional bridal shows, in order to increase potential guest knowledge of the YMCA of the Rockies.
GENERAL YMCA OF THE ROCKIES REQUIREMENTS:
* Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions
* Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs.
* Possess and demonstrate excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional.
* Support the YMCA of the Rockies safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff.
* Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse community.
* Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards.
* All other duties as assigned.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
* Working in a kitchen environment
* Standing for long periods of time
* Working outside in all weather
* Various levels of noise; from none to very loud equipment or music
* Carrying large objects, stooping, kneeling and bending
Note: Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities,
or qualifications associated with the job.
Job Status: Full Time