Banquet Chef -Seasonal June 1-October 1
Responsible for the daily management of all Banquet/Special Events within the food service operations at the Snow Mountain Ranch; including menu planning, ordering, food preparation, kitchen cleanliness, staff scheduling and guest satisfaction. The Banquet Chef is also responsible for compliance with federal, state and county health regulations.
- Have excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Be fluent in written and oral English.
- Maintain a neat, clean, professional appearance and presentation.
- Work holidays, weekends, and morning or evening shifts.
- Have basic computer skills and develop knowledge of property management software.
- Possess a valid, USA state-issued driver’s license, an acceptable driving record, and comply with YMCA driving rules to be approved to operate YMCA vehicles.
- Possess stamina to work in the work environment described herein.
GENERAL YMCA OF THE ROCKIES REQUIREMNTS:
- Hospitality degree preferred, plus minimum two years’ experience in a la carte or buffet dining presentations and volume food or institutional food service operations.
- Effectively coordinate with the Executive Chef to ensure high levels of customer satisfaction and seamless cooperation between front of house and back of house operations.
- Train, develop, supervise and evaluate employees to ensure maximum productivity is attained, morale is at a high level and excellent customer service is delivered. Monitor scheduling and training for Food Service personnel. Set performance and accountability standards.
- Able to work eight-hour shifts on concrete floors and lift 40 pounds up to 36 inch high tables
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Working in a kitchen environment
- Standing for long periods of time
- Working outside in all weather
- Various levels of noise; from none to very loud equipment or music
- Carrying large objects, stooping, kneeling and bending
Note: Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.
This is a seasonal, $16-$18 hourly BOE (based on 40 hours/week) position, with employee perks including:
- Access to the YMCA of the Rockies facilities, which include: an indoor pool, basketball gymnasium, fitness classes, hiking/biking/skiing trails, climbing wall, library, and craft shop
- Free Grand Passes for skiing, rock climbing, mountain biking, and golf (dependent on season and resort - limited number available, first come first served basis)
- Free gear rentals for sports and outdoor activities
- Employee programming, including free or discounted staff trips, provided by the Human Resources Office
- Discounted nights at YMCA of the Rockies lodges (with some date restrictions based on season/occupancy)
GENERAL YMCA OF THE ROCKIES REQUIREMENTS:
- Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions
- Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs
- Possess excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional
- Support the Association safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff
- Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse environment
- May be required to work evenings, weekends, and holidays, depending on the position
- Meet acceptable criminal background check standards
- We have a strict policy against alcohol or drugs on property; in addition, no drug use is tolerated (including marijuana) during your employment with us whether on- or off-duty.
ABOUT THE YMCA OF THE ROCKIES:
- The YMCA of the Rockies operates two year-round family resorts and conference centers on each side of Rocky Mountain National Park: Estes Park Center located in Estes Park, CO; Snow Mountain Ranch located in Winter Park, CO; and Camp Chief Ouray, a summer resident camp for kids located on the Snow Mountain Ranch property.
- Snow Mountain Ranch (SMR) is located on the western side of the Rocky Mountain National Park, in a more remote area of Colorado known as the Fraser Valley, near Granby and Winter Park. In the winter, SMR is home to one of the largest Nordic ski areas in the country, with over 100 km of trails on the 5000-acre property. Winters at SMR can last up to eight months, but for winter enthusiasts, there is no place like it, with days and days of powder. In the summertime, SMR is surrounded by back-country forests and trails, with opportunities to get your boots or wheels in the dirt for many hours of fun.
- We employ people of all ages, from across the country and the world, who want to experience the mountains and support our healthy spirit, mind, and body mission. Join us!
- QUESTIONS? Please call our HR office at 970-887-2152 ext. 4219, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Updated May 2019
Job Status: Seasonal