Banquet Chef - Year-Round
Job Title: Banquet Chef - EPC Status: Non-exempt
Employee Classification: Year-Round
Reports to: Executive Chef
Leadership Level: Team Leader
Responsible for the daily management of all Banquet/Special Events within the food service operations at the Estes Park Center; including menu planning, ordering, food preparation, kitchen cleanliness, staff scheduling and guest satisfaction. The Banquet Chef is also responsible for compliance with federal, state and county health regulations.
Hourly Pay Rate: $12.38-$13.93
OUR MISSION AND CULTURE:
We firmly believe in our mission of putting Christian principles into practice through programs, staff and facilities in an environment that builds healthy spirit, mind and body for all. We are committed to being welcoming to all people and to making a difference in the lives of our members, guests and staff. We count on our staff to provide extraordinary mission-based experiences for our guests and for each other.
* Have excellent time management and organizational skills.
* Be fluent in written and oral English.
* Maintain a neat, clean, professional appearance and presentation.
* Work holidays, weekends, and morning or evening shifts.
* Have basic computer skills and develop knowledge of property management software.
* Possess a valid, USA state-issued driver’s license, an acceptable driving record, and comply with YMCA driving rules to be approved to operate YMCA vehicles.
* Possess stamina to work in the work environment described herein.
* Culinary degree preferred, plus minimum two years’ experience in a la carte or buffet dining presentations and volume food or institutional food service operations.
* Effectively coordinate with the Executive Chef to ensure high levels of customer satisfaction and seamless cooperation between front of house and back of house operations.
* Train, develop, supervise and evaluate employees to ensure maximum productivity is attained, morale is at a high level and excellent customer service is delivered. Monitor scheduling and training for Food Service personnel. Set performance and accountability standards.
* Able to work eight-hour shifts on concrete floors and lift 40 pounds up to 36 inch high tables
GENERAL YMCA OF THE ROCKIES REQUIREMENTS:
* Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions
* Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs.
* Possess and demonstrate excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional.
* Support the YMCA of the Rockies safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff.
* Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse community.
* Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards.
* All other duties as assigned.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
* Working in a kitchen environment
* Standing for long periods of time
* Working outside in all weather
* Various levels of noise; from none to very loud equipment or music
* Carrying large objects, stooping, kneeling and bending
Note: Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities,
or qualifications associated with the job.
Job Status: Full Time