Banquet Special Events Intern - May through Aug/Sept 2018 - (Room & Board Included!)
JOB DESCRIPTION: Food Service Banquet Special Events Intern – Seasonal – ON GROUNDS
DATES: This internship is from May through August or September, 2018. Please indicate your available dates on your application.
REPORTS TO: Banquet Captain
To assist the Banquet Captain with special events.
- Must have excellent customer service and time management skills.
- Must be team-oriented.
- Must follow and be fluent in written and oral English.
- Must maintain a neat, clean appearance and wear clothing deemed appropriate by the Special Events Manager.
- Must work holidays, weekends, and occasionally fill in on different shifts or positions.
- Must be able to work at least eight hour shifts on concrete floors and lift forty pounds up to 36” high tables.
- Work overtime as required by supervisor with approval from Food Service Manager.
- Must attend Food Sanitation training.
- The SE intern will assist the SEM to coordinate weddings and special events.
- The SE intern will assist the SEM in communicating between various departments as needed to implement weddings and special events.
- Have access and knowledge of AV inventory and coordinate with the AV Tech.
- Provide guide to event leaders.
- Assist in special event room set-up
- Assist the SEM in managing every detail of the event to meet guest expectations.
- Attend local and Denver area bridal shows, and have an advertising booth to increase potential guest knowledge of the YMCA of the Rockies.
- Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies’ Mission Statement.
Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job. This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with this job.
NOTE: Based on business needs, you may be required to work in other Departments and/or our other Center.
GENERAL YMCA OF THE ROCKIES REQUIREMENTS:
- Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions
- Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs
- Possess excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional
- Support the Association safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff
- Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse environment
- May be required to work evenings, weekends, and holidays, depending on the position
- Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards
This is a seasonal, hourly (based on 40 hours/week) position, paying $220/week, with employee perks including:
- Room (shared room in our staff dormitory with free wifi and no bills!)
- Board (3 buffet-style meals per day, 7 days per week)
- Access to the YMCA of the Rockies facilities, which include: an indoor pool, basketball gymnasium, fitness classes, tennis courts, mini-golf, trails, roller rink, library, and an art center
- Free gear rentals for sports and outdoor activities
- Employee programming, including free or discounted staff trips, provided by the Resident Office
- Other employee perks and discounts, including:
- Free passes for skiing, rock climbing, mountain biking, and golf (dependent on season and resort)
- 20% Discount at our General Store, Rustic café, and Jackson Stable horseback rides
- Discounts at local merchants
- Discounted nights at YMCA of the Rockies lodges (with some date restrictions based on season/occupancy)
We have a zero tolerance policy for alcohol or drugs on property; in addition, no drug use is tolerated (including marijuana) during your employment with us whether on- or off-duty.
You must submit three references with your application, including their name, phone number and email address.
Two references must be someone who know you professionally (former or current manager, supervisor, teacher, professor, coach, pastor, etc.) and one reference must be a family member.
If you are a rehire and have worked at YMCA of the Rockies Estes Park Center, Snow Mountain Ranch, or Camp Chief Ouray at any time during the past three years, references are not required.
ABOUT THE YMCA OF THE ROCKIES:
The YMCA of the Rockies operates two year-round family resorts and conference centers on each side of Rocky Mountain National Park: Estes Park Center located in Estes Park, CO; Snow Mountain Ranch located in Winter Park, CO; and Camp Chief Ouray, a summer resident camp for kids located on the Snow Mountain Ranch property.
The Estes Park Center is the largest YMCA conference center in the world. At nearly 900 acres in size and serving over 200,000 guests each year, a dedicated team of individuals work to provide guests with a world-renowned experience.
We employ people of all ages, from across the country and the world, who want to experience the mountains and support our healthy spirit, mind, and body mission. Join us!
Please call our HR office at 970-586-3341 x1032, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Special Events Banquet Intern - Seasonal - (Room & Board Included!)
Estes Park Center
About the Organization
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Status: Seasonal