Job Title: Bennett Preschool Teacher - Estes Park Center
Employee Classification: Year-Round, Benefited Status: Non-Exempt
Reports to: Preschool Director Revision Date: 2/2019
Leadership Level: Leader
This position supports the work of the YMCA of the Rockies, Estes Park Center, which operates a mission-based family and group conference and retreat center, serving more than 150, 000 guests annually. The Bennett Preschool Teacher is responsible for collaborating with co-teachers and the Preschool Director in teaching preschool age children using a Nature-based and Reggio inspired Approach.
OUR MISSION AND CULTURE:
We firmly believe in our mission of putting Christian principles into practice through programs, staff and facilities in an environment that builds healthy spirit, mind and body for all. We are committed to being welcoming to all people and to making a difference in the lives of our members, guests and staff. We count on our staff to provide extraordinary mission-based experiences for our guests and for each other.
* Be intrinsically and extrinsically motivated
* Have the ability to work effectively with other team members and possess communication skills to resolve difficulties
* Be fluent in speaking and writing English
* Regularly lift up to 40 pounds up to four (4) feet
* Assist in opening or closing the preschool as assigned
* Responsible for sustaining and implementing a nature-based approach to teaching
* Responsible for sustaining and implementing a Reggio inspired approach to teaching
* Responsible for each child’s portfolio and the evolving environment inside and outside of Bennett driven by the interests of the children
* Observe children’s development while taking anecdotal notes, video, and photographs
* Share in the responsibility for the safety of the children in her/his care with the ability to predict and prevent, identify and respond to safety problems
* Share in the responsibility of cleaning and maintaining Bennett building and facilities.
* Uphold the Child Abuse Prevention Code of Conduct of the YMCA of the Rockies and refrain from out-of-program contact with program participants
* Must be able to work a flexible schedule as the hours may vary and will include weekends, evenings and holidays.
* Possess a valid, USA state-issued driver’s license, an acceptable driving record, and comply with YMCA driving rules to be approved to operate YMCA vehicles.
* Possess stamina to work in the work environment described herein.
* Must meet Early Childhood Teacher qualifications as determined by the State of Colorado.
* Must be at least 21 years of age.
* Must possess and maintain current CPR and First Aid certifications.
* Must pass a Health Physical before employment
* Must have an Early Childhood Degree
* Have at least 1 year experience in a preschool classroom.
* Must enjoy working with youth.
* Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
* Promote a cooperative, positive and problem-solving atmosphere at all times.
* Enthusiasm for constant Program Department development and offerings.
GENERAL YMCA OF THE ROCKIES REQUIREMENTS:
* Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions
* Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs.
* Possess and demonstrate excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional.
* Support the YMCA of the Rockies safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff.
* Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse community.
* Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards.
* All other duties as assigned.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
* Be able to bend, stoop, kneel, walk, hike on uneven terrain for 3 miles.
* The employee needs sufficient strength, agility and mobility to perform essential functions and to supervise activities in a wide variety of indoor and outdoor locations.
* The employee must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 40 pounds up to 4 feet.
* The noise level in the work environment is usually high.
Note: Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities,
or qualifications associated with the job.
Required knowledge/skills/abilities: CPR and First Aide, Degree in Early Childhood Education, Knowledge of Reggio inspired and Nature-based Early Childhood Education
Required education/credentials: Must be ECE Lead Teacher qualified by the Colorado Office of Early Childhood Education
Years of Experience: 1 or more