Position Summary: Be an active and participating member of the Programs team while carrying out the operation of the bike shop and rental center.
Essential Functions / Requirements:
- Knowledge of basic bike mechanics, including, but not limited to, replacing tubes and tires, fixing brakes, tuning shifting components, cleaning bikes, and completing safety inspections.
- Demonstrate the ability to fluently read, write and speak English.
- Ensure that the bike shop is open daily at 9:00 AM and is covered through closing at 5:00 PM; responsible for opening and closing procedures.
- Enforce bike shop policies and accurately execute within bike shop systems.
- Knowledge of bike shop retail items, rental equipment and service options available to guests (product knowledge).
- Knowledge of trail system and trail orientation.
- Knowledge and cross-promotion of other departments at Snow Mountain Ranch including, but not limited to, the Family Programs, Day Activities, Lodging and Cabins, Horse and Operations, year round recreational activities, group and corporate coordination, events, Snow Mountain Ranch history, and local businesses and general ranch and local information.
- Competent in sizing guests to rental bikes.
- Demonstrate an enthusiasm for the sport.
Other Functions / Requirements:
- Communicate regularly with the Nordic Director.
- Provide accurate information to our guests and ensure a positive guest experience.
- Fill out all paperwork completely and correctly.
- Maintain schedule and accurate time cards
- Learn and execute flawless point of sale procedures.
- Answer the phone timely, accurately, and with enthusiasm.
- Record all messages for staff accurately and ensure delivery.
- Ensure cleanliness, upkeep, and excellent presentation of the bike shop environs.
- All other duties as assigned.
Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with this job.
GENERAL YMCA OF THE ROCKIES REQUIREMENTS:
- Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions
- Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs
- Possess excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional
- Support the Association safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff
- Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse environment
- May be required to work evenings, weekends, and holidays, depending on the position
- Meet acceptable criminal background check standards
This is a seasonal, $12.00 hourly (based on 40 hours/week) position including:
- Room/Board payroll deduction at $34.00/day
- Room (room in our staff dormitory with wifi, pay laundry facilities)
- Board (3 meals per day, 7 days per week)
- Other employee perks and discounts, including:
- Access to the YMCA of the Rockies facilities, which include: an indoor pool, basketball gymnasium, fitness classes, hiking/biking/skiing trails, climbing wall, library, and craft shop
- Free Grand Passes for skiing, rock climbing, mountain biking, and golf (dependent on season and resort - limited number available, first come first served basis)
- Free gear rentals for sports and outdoor activities
- Employee programming, provided by the Human Resources Office
We have a strict policy against alcohol or drugs on property; in addition, no drug use is tolerated (including marijuana) during your employment with us whether on- or off-duty.
ABOUT THE YMCA OF THE ROCKIES:
The YMCA of the Rockies operates two year-round family resorts and conference centers on each side of Rocky Mountain National Park: Estes Park Center located in Estes Park, CO; Snow Mountain Ranch located in Winter Park, CO; and Camp Chief Ouray, a summer resident camp for kids located on the Snow Mountain Ranch property.
Snow Mountain Ranch (SMR) is located on the western side of the Rocky Mountain National Park, in a more remote area of Colorado known as the Fraser Valley, near Granby and Winter Park. In the winter, SMR is home to one of the largest Nordic ski areas in the country, with over 100 km of trails on the 5000-acre property. Winters at SMR can last up to eight months, but for winter enthusiasts, there is no place like it, with days and days of powder. In the summertime, SMR is surrounded by back-country forests and trails, with opportunities to get your boots or wheels in the dirt for many hours of fun.
We employ people of all ages, from across the country and the world, who want to experience the mountains and support our healthy spirit, mind, and body mission. Join us!
QUESTIONS? Please call our HR office at 970-887-2152 ext. 4219, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.