Job Title: Building Maintenance Painter Status: Non-Exempt
Employee Classification: Year-Round, Benefited Revision Date: 02/2020
Reports to: Building Maintenance Supervisor
Leadership Level: Team Leader
This position supports the work of the YMCA of the Rockies, Estes Park Center which operates a mission-based family and group conference and retreat center serving more than 150,000 guests annually.
The Buildings Maintenance Painter is responsible for the upkeep, repair and painting of all interior surfaces and some exterior surfaces of the Estes Park Center facilities, as well as refinishing products produced by the Buildings & Grounds Department.
Position Pay Range: $16.00-$18.00/hour
OUR MISSION AND CULTURE:
We firmly believe in our mission of putting Christian principles into practice through programs, staff and facilities in an environment that builds healthy spirit, mind and body for all. We are committed to being welcoming to all people and to making a difference in the lives of our members, guests and staff. We count on our staff to provide extraordinary mission-based experiences for our guests and for each other.
* Prepare interior and exterior of cabins and buildings for paint and refinishing.
* Apply paints and finishes using brush, roller, and spray equipment
* Repair, patch, texture, and finish drywall.
* Plan and prioritize projects and work time for efficiency.
* Requisition parts, materials and tools necessary to perform tasks assigned.
* Possess a valid, USA state-issued driver’s license, an acceptable driving record, and comply with YMCA driving rules to be approved to operate YMCA vehicles.
* Possess stamina to work in the work environment described herein.
* Must have painting skills with a variety of hand tools.
* Must have experience with paint sprayers and other painting techniques.
* Must have drywall patching and finishing skills.
* Minimum of a high school diploma and job experience in some maintenance field preferred.
* Excellent public relations, time management, and organizational skills required.
* Must read and speak fluent English and have good hearing and eyesight abilities to accomplish tasks assigned.
* Must follow written and oral instructions.
GENERAL YMCA OF THE ROCKIES REQUIREMENTS:
* Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions
* Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs.
* Possess and demonstrate excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional.
* Support the YMCA of the Rockies safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff.
* Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse community.
* Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards.
* All other duties as assigned.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
* Work from ladders, scaffolding, on roofs, and in crawl spaces and attics.
* Work while standing during shift with frequent bending over and working with arms extended overhead.
* Physical effort with occasional heavy lifting and carrying of objects up to 100 pounds.
* Work indoors and outdoors in varied weather conditions.
Note: Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities,
or qualifications associated with the job.