Building Maintenance Technician - EPC - Year Round
Compensation Package and Employee Perks:
- Year-round, full-time position paying $18.75-$22.28
- Housing provided by YMCA. Must live on-grounds, housing costs deducted from paycheck.
- Participation in YMCA Retirement Fund
- An additional 12% contribution by YMCA after 2 years of employment
- Health, dental, and life insurance
- Childcare assistance
- Family membership
- Discounted nights at YMCA of the Rockies lodges for family and friends
- Free or discounted gear rentals for outdoor adventures
- Ski passes and golf passes
- Generous PTO/vacation
POSITION SUMMARY: This position supports the work of the YMCA of the Rockies, Estes Park Center which operates a mission-based family and group conference and retreat center serving more than 150,000 guests annually.
Buildings Maintenance Tech position is for the maintenance and repair of all aspects of the Estes Park Center facilities. The majority of the work will be repair or maintenance type as requested by guests and staff.
OUR MISSION AND CULTURE: We firmly believe in our mission of putting Christian principles into practice through programs, staff, and facilities in an environment that builds a healthy spirit, mind, and body for all. We are committed to being welcoming to all people and to making a difference in the lives of our
members, guests, and staff. We count on our staff to provide extraordinary mission-based experiences for our guests and for each other.
- Make repairs, perform maintenance and adjustments using plumbing, heating, electrical, and carpentry skills.
- Plan and prioritize projects and work time for efficiency.
- Requisition parts, materials, and tools necessary to perform tasks assigned.
- Possess a valid, USA state-issued driver’s license, an acceptable driving record, and comply with YMCA driving rules to be approved to operate YMCA vehicles.
- Communicate current and upcoming projects with the Building Maintenance Supervisor and other departments as necessary.
- Live on-site at YMCA of the Rockies.
- Work AM, PM, weekend, and holidays as needed.
- Be part of an on-call rotation that will require responding to after-hours Maintenance emergencies.
- Possess the stamina to work in the work environment described herein.
- Knowledge of Carpentry, Plumbing, Electrical, and HVAC required.
- Excellent public relations, time management, and organizational skills.
- Bilingual preferred.
- Experience with road plowing and sanding preferred.
GENERAL YMCA OF THE ROCKIES REQUIREMENTS:
- Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility, and Faith in all functions
- Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs.
- Possess and demonstrate excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional.
- Support the YMCA of the Rockies safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff.
- Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse community.
- Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards.
- All other duties as assigned.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an
employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Work from ladders, scaffolding, on roofs, and in crawl spaces and attics.
- Work while standing during a shift with frequent bending over and working with arms extended overhead.
- Physical effort with occasional heavy lifting and carrying of objects up to 100 pounds.
- Work indoors and outdoors in varied weather conditions.
Note: Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities,
or qualifications associated with the job.