Building Maintenance Technician
POSITION SUMMARY: This position supports the work of the YMCA of the Rockies, Estes Park Center which operates a mission-based family and group conference and retreat center serving more than 150,000 guests annually. Buildings Maintenance Tech position is for the maintenance and repair of all aspects of the Estes Park Center facilities. The majority of the work will be repair or maintenance type as requested by guests and staff.
OUR MISSION AND CULTURE: We firmly believe in our mission of putting Christian principles into practice through programs, staff, and facilities in an environment that builds a healthy spirit, mind, and body for all. We are committed to being welcoming to all people and to making a difference in the lives of our
members, guests, and staff. We count on our staff to provide extraordinary mission-based experiences for our guests and for each other.
- Make repairs, perform maintenance and adjustments using plumbing, heating, electrical, and carpentry skills.
- Plan and prioritize projects and work time for efficiency.
- Requisition parts, materials, and tools necessary to perform tasks assigned.
- Possess a valid, USA state-issued drivers license, an acceptable driving record, and comply with YMCA driving rules to be approved to operate YMCA vehicles.
- Communicate current and upcoming projects with the Building Maintenance Supervisor and other departments as necessary.
- Live on-site at YMCA of the Rockies.
- Work AM, PM, weekend, and holidays as needed.
- Be part of an on-call rotation that will require responding to after-hours Maintenance emergencies.
- Possess the stamina to work in the work environment described herein.
- Knowledge of Carpentry, Plumbing, Electrical, and HVAC required.
- Excellent public relations, time management, and organizational skills.
- Bilingual preferred.
- Experience with road plowing and sanding preferred.
GENERAL YMCA OF THE ROCKIES REQUIREMENTS:
- Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility, and Faith in all functions
- Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs.
- Possess and demonstrate excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional.
- Support the YMCA of the Rockies safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff.
- Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse community.
- Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards.
- All other duties as assigned.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an
employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Work from ladders, scaffolding, on roofs, and in crawl spaces and attics.
- Work while standing during a shift with frequent bending over and working with arms extended overhead.
- Physical effort with occasional heavy lifting and carrying of objects up to 100 pounds.
- Work indoors and outdoors in varied weather conditions.
Note: Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities,
or qualifications associated with the job.
COMPENSATION PACKAGE & EMPLOYEE PERKS:
- Health, dental, and life insurance
- Generous PTO/Vacation
- Participation in YMCA Retirement Fund (an additional 12% contribution by YMCA after 2 years employment)
- Onsite housing available
- YMCA of the Rockies membership
- Discounted childcare, summer day camp, and summer overnight camp
- Discounted nights at YMCA of the Rockies lodges for friends & family
- Ski passes to nearby resorts
- Free or discounted gear rentals for outdoor adventures
- View all YMCA of the Rockies employee perks by visiting https://jobs.ymcarockies.org/year-round-jobs
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time