Job Title: Buildings & Grounds Superintendent - Estes Park Center Status: Exempt
Employee Classification: Year-Round, Benefited Revision Date: 08/2021
Reports to: Estes Park Center General Manager
Leadership Level: Multi-Team Leader
This position supports the work of the YMCA of the Rockies, Estes Park Center, which operates a mission-based family and group conference and retreat center serving more than 150,000 guests annually. The Buildings & Grounds Superintendent is primarily responsible for the maintenance, repair and replacement of all cabins, lodges, support facilities, equipment, utilities, landscaping and roads. The superintendent also manages projects including remodels, new construction and forestry and is also responsible for security at the Estes Park Center.
Salary Pay Range: $63,000/year-$71,000/year
OUR MISSION AND CULTURE:?
We firmly believe in our mission of putting Christian principles into practice through programs, staff and facilities in an environment that builds healthy spirit, mind and body for all. We are committed to being welcoming to all people and to making a difference in the lives of our members, guests and staff. We count on our staff to provide extraordinary mission-based experiences for our guests and for each other.
- Hire, train, supervise and evaluate a team of key year-round benefited staff.
- Effectively manage all capital projects to ensure quality, timeliness and budget adherence.
- Operate within an approved budget.
- Develop and propose budgets for all maintenance operations and capital projects.
- Possess strong cost control skills.
- Display sound judgement in decision making.
- Communicate clearly and effectively in all situations.
- Communicates changes in building/accommodation status to the appropriate internal audience.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive preventive maintenance program for the Estes Park Center.
- Serve as the primary liaison with all outside contractors and local regulatory officials.
- Ensure compliance with all laws, regulations and inspection requirements for buildings, systems, vehicles and grounds maintenance.
- Oversee water treatment compliance at our Colorado Class B Membrane Water Treatment Facility.
- Quality Management - Assist in achieving a minimum of 80% or higher on NPS survey relating to building and grounds areas.
- Ensure productivity and efficiency.
- Develop and maintain maintenance department programs to ensure quality criteria are met.
- Write and distribute requests for proposals (RFPs) for projects.
- Keep the General Manager informed of all on-going projects and any concerns related to facilities and grounds.
- Maximize Guest Service by attaining 80% or better on survey system within Buildings & Grounds area.
- Respond and resolve all guest and staff complaints both internal and external in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Oversee security program for the center.
- Maintain a positive relationship with donors, guests, vendors and others.
- Must be able to move independently through all center facilities and on all types of terrain on our 860-acre campus.
- Active and supportive member of the Estes Park Center Department Head Team.
- Ability to work evenings, weekends and holidays as needed.
- Possess a valid, USA state-issued driver’s license, an acceptable driving record, and comply with YMCA driving rules to be approved to operate YMCA vehicles.
- Possess stamina to work in the work environment described herein.
- Formal training and/or familiarity with some or all of the following crafts: carpentry, electrical, vehicle maintenance, HVAC, plumbing and landscaping.
- A minimum of five years’ experience in facility management.
- Coordinate with other departments to fulfill guest special requests.
- Liaise with and support the Buildings & Grounds, Land Use Committee.
- As needed, serve as the on-call person for problems and emergencies.
GENERAL YMCA OF THE ROCKIES REQUIREMENTS:
- Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions. Treats people with respect and promotes a harassment free environment.
- Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs.
- Possess and demonstrate excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional.
- Support the YMCA of the Rockies safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff.
- Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse community.
- Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards.
- All other duties as assigned.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Must be able to work outside in all weather conditions.
- Must be able to function in loud and hectic environments.
Note: Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities,
or qualifications associated with the job.