Buildings & Grounds Office Worker - Seasonal
Job Title: Buildings & Grounds Office Worker Status: Non-Exempt
Employee Classification: Seasonal Revision Date: 11/2018
Reports to: B&G Inventory Clerk
This position supports the work of the YMCA of the Rockies, Estes Park Center which operates a mission-based family and group conference and retreat center serving more than 150,000 guests annually.
The Office Worker is responsible for the operation of the Buildings & Grounds Office and UPS/FedEx systems. This includes generation of work orders, assignment of work orders, closing of work orders, shipping and receiving of packages and freight.
OUR MISSION AND CULTURE:
We firmly believe in our mission of putting Christian principles into practice through programs, staff and facilities in an environment that builds healthy spirit, mind and body for all. We are committed to being welcoming to all people and to making a difference in the lives of our members, guests and staff. We count on our staff to provide extraordinary mission-based experiences for our guests and for each other.
* Communicate current and upcoming projects with the Buildings & Grounds staff and other departments as necessary. Assist with the scheduling of projects.
* Generate work orders between Buildings & Grounds staff, guests, and other departments as necessary.
* Answer all incoming calls and questions, ensuring maximum customer service.
o Greet all customers that enter the Buildings & Grounds office to ensure maximum customer service.
* Receive, secure, distribute, and ship UPS and FedEx shipments.
* Assist the Buildings & Grounds Department as needed to ensure quality services for guests and staff.
* Possess a valid, USA state-issued driver’s license, an acceptable driving record, and comply with YMCA driving rules to be approved to operate YMCA vehicles.
* Possess stamina to work in the work environment described herein.
* Minimum of a high school diploma required.
o Excellent public relations, time management, and organizational skills required.
* Must speak fluent English and have good hearing and eyesight abilities to accomplish tasks assigned.
o Must follow written and oral instructions.
o Computer experience and ability to learn new software required.
o Must be able to use telephone, two-way radio, and other communication equipment.
GENERAL YMCA OF THE ROCKIES REQUIREMNTS: (this section is consistent on all JDs)
* Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions
* Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs.
* Possess and demonstrate excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional.
* Support the YMCA of the Rockies safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff.
* Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse community.
* Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards.
* All other duties as assigned.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
* Must be able to sit for a substantial period of time during a work shift, while still being able to bend, stoop, and walk for long periods of time.
* Some physical work required with substantial lifting and carrying objects up to 50 pounds.
* Assist the Buildings and Grounds Department as needed to ensure quality services for guests and staff.
* Assist the Inventory / Office Supervisor with inventory management as needed.
Note: Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities,
or qualifications associated with the job.
Job Status: Full Time