Buildings Maintenance Technician - Year-Round
Buildings Maintenance Tech position is for the minor maintenance and repair of all aspects of the Estes Park Center facilities. The majority of the work will be of an emergency repair or maintenance-type as requested by guests and staff. This position has both day and night shifts available.
Essential Functions / Requirements:
- Minimum of a high school diploma and job experience in some maintenance field.
- Makes minor repairs and adjustments using plumbing, heating, electrical and carpentry skills.
- Plan and prioritize projects and work time for efficiency.
- Requisition parts, materials and tools necessary to perform tasks assigned.
- Work from ladders, scaffolding, on roofs, and in crawl spaces and attics.
- Work while standing during shift with frequent bending over and working with arms extended overhead.
- Physical effort with occasional heavy lifting and carrying of objects up to 100 pounds.
- Work indoors and outdoors in varied weather conditions.
- Read English and produce rough sketches. Follow written and oral instructions.
- Possess a valid, USA state issued driver’s license, an acceptable driving record, and comply with YMCA driving rules to be approved to operate YMCA vehicles.
- Support the Association safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members and staff.
- Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies and programs.
- Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions.
- Promote a cooperative, positive and problem-solving atmosphere at all times.
- Ability to work cooperatively with others in a diverse environment.
- Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards.
- Possess excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional.
Other Functions / Requirements:
- Experience with road plowing and sanding preferred.
- Communicate with co-workers and supervisor to ensure a quality product and timely completion of projects.
- Complete assigned tasks in a safe, clean and professional manner. Communicate completion with those necessary to get the accommodation or facility back up and running.
- Assist the Buildings & Grounds Department as needed to ensure quality services for guests and staff.
- All other duties as assigned.
GENERAL YMCA OF THE ROCKIES REQUIREMENTS:
- Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions
- Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs
- Possess excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional
- Support the Association safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff
- Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse environment
- May be required to work evenings, weekends, and holidays, depending on the position
- Meet acceptable criminal background check standards
This is a full-time, year-round, position paying u $14-17 per hour,with full benefits, including:
- Health, dental and life insurance
- Participation in the YMCA retirement plan
- Access to the YMCA of the Rockies facilities, which include: an indoor pool, basketball gymnasium, fitness classes, tennis courts, mini-golf, trails, roller rink, library, and an art center
- Discounted nights at YMCA of the Rockies lodges (with some date restrictions based on season/occupancy)
We have a zero tolerance policy for alcohol or drugs on property; in addition, no drug use is tolerated (including marijuana) during your employment with us whether on- or off-duty.
ABOUT THE YMCA of the Rockies:
The YMCA of the Rockies operates two year-round family resorts and conference centers on each side of Rocky Mountain National Park: Estes Park Center located in Estes Park, CO; Snow Mountain Ranch located in Winter Park, CO; and Camp Chief Ouray, a summer resident camp for kids located on the Snow Mountain Ranch property.
The Estes Park Center is the largest YMCA conference center in the world. At nearly 900 acres in size and serving over 200,000 guests each year, a dedicated team of individuals work to provide guests with a world-renowned experience.
We employ people of all ages, from across the country and the world, who want to experience the mountains and support our healthy spirit, mind, and body mission. Join us!
Please call our HR office at 970-586-3341 x1032, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Status: Full Time