OUR MISSION AND CULTURE:
We firmly believe in our mission of putting Christian principles into practice through programs, staff and facilities in an environment that builds healthy spirit, mind and body for all. We are committed to being welcoming to all people and to making a difference in the lives of our members, guests and staff. We count on our staff to provide extraordinary mission-based experiences for our guests and for each other.
- Knowledge of building construction required to ensure efficient and quality upkeep of facilities.
- Knowledge of safe and efficient operation of all hand and power tools common to the maintenance/construction industry.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Read blueprint and shop drawings.
- Orient, train, and educate staff.
- Train staff in safe work practices and proper use of personal protective equipment.
- Recommend seminars and training to the Building Manager that will increase the Supervisor's knowledge and those supervised.
- Schedule projects and staff efficiently to increase the quality of facilities and to effectively use staff to the greatest of their abilities.
- Plan and prioritize projects and work time for efficiency.
- Good public relations and supervisory skills required. Supervise skilled and non-skilled staff.
- Will be required to work evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Possess a valid, USA state-issued driver’s license, an acceptable driving record, and comply with YMCA driving rules to be approved to operate YMCA vehicles.
- Possess stamina to work in the work environment described herein.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in the repair of residential and commercial buildings.
- Preferred 2 years’ experience in hiring, management, and evaluation of skilled labor.
- Extensive experience in: Electrical, heating, carpentry, plumbing, and HVAC.
- Proficient in computers skills for maintaining records, work request software, providing general correspondence, and employee management/payroll. Ability to learn new software as required.
- Experience with road plowing and sanding preferred.
- Ability to evaluate and show initiative to solve problems.
- Must read and speak fluent English and have good hearing and eyesight abilities to accomplish tasks assigned.
- Must follow written and oral instructions.
- Able to perform accurate evaluations of the buildings and grounds.
- Possess excellent public relations, time management, and organizational.
- Communicate weekly with the Buildings Manager on upcoming work and schedule and status of current projects.
- Responsible for the quality, quantity, safety and efficiency of work done on buildings/general maintenance projects.
- Recommend repairs and improvements needed and prioritize these projects for planning and budgeting purposes.
- Work with and supervise staff to ensure a quality product and timely completion of projects.
- Assist the Buildings & Grounds Department as needed to ensure quality services for guests and staff.
- If living on-grounds, will be on-call at least one night a week, if living off grounds, will be available for emergencies.
GENERAL YMCA OF THE ROCKIES REQUIREMENTS:
- Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions
- Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs.
- Possess and demonstrate excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional.
- Support the YMCA of the Rockies safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff.
- Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse community.
- Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards.
- All other duties as assigned.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Work inside and outside in extreme weather conditions.
- Work from ladders, scaffolding, on roofs, and in crawl spaces and attics.
- Fast paced, noisy environment, and frequent interruptions
- Physical effort with occasional heavy lifting and carrying of objects up to 75 pounds required.
- Considerable standing, walking, bending, stretching, and working in cramped or awkward positions required. Work with hands at shoulder height and above head.
COMPENSATION PACKAGE & EMPLOYEE PERKS:
- Health, dental, and life insurance
- Generous PTO/Vacation
- Participation in YMCA Retirement Fund (an additional 12% contribution by YMCA after 2 years employment)
- YMCA of the Rockies membership
- Discounted childcare, summer day camp, and summer overnight camp
- Discounted nights at YMCA of the Rockies lodges for friends & family
- Ski and golf passes to nearby resorts & courses
- Free or discounted gear rentals for outdoor adventures
- View all YMCA of the Rockies employee perks by visiting https://jobs.ymcarockies.org/year-round-jobs
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time