Cabin Adoption and Capital Projects Manager - Year Round
This position supports the work of the YMCA of the Rockies, which operates a mission-based family and group conference and retreat center, serving more than 225,000 guests annually. The Cabin and Capitol Projects Manager is primarily responsible for all aspects of the cabin donation/adoption program and its revenue implications. The Manager will also be responsible for supporting capital projects at Estes Park Center funded through the Philanthropy Department.
OUR MISSION AND CULTURE:
We firmly believe in our mission of putting Christian principles into practice through programs, staff and facilities in an environment that builds healthy spirit, mind and body for all. We are committed to being welcoming to all people and to making a difference in the lives of our members, guests and staff. We count on our staff to provide extraordinary mission-based experiences for our guests and for each other.
- Responsible for all aspects of the cabin donation/adoption program, working in cooperation with General Managers, Philanthropy Department staff, and Buildings and Grounds staff.
- Cultivate donors to facilitate the donation and adoption of cabins at the Estes Park Center.
- Build and maintain relationships with potential and current cabin donors, moving them toward further commitment to the Association.
- In collaboration with the Philanthropy Director and Estes Park Center General Manager, develop case materials each year for identified donor funded capital projects, identify donor prospects, and make asks/present giving proposals where appropriate.
- Steward donors through the gift giving process and collaboratively manage projects with Center colleagues through completion.
- Reach annual revenue goal of $2M or more in cabin adoptions and capital project gift commitments.
- Plan and ensure the success of cabin and capital donor appreciation events.
- Foster a philanthropic culture that is focused on relationship building and provides opportunities for the entire Association to become involved with and engaged in the advancement of our mission.
- At least 5 years of work experience that can be demonstrated to be applicable to the duties listed in the job description.
- Ability to effectively and efficiently handle multiple, simultaneous, and complex tasks and
- High level of organization is required in order to execute tasks in a timely and efficient manner.
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills.
- Raisers Edge or another philanthropic database experience a bonus.
- Possess a valid, USA state-issued drivers license, an acceptable driving record, and comply with YMCA driving rules to be approved to operate YMCA vehicles.
GENERAL YMCA OF THE ROCKIES REQUIREMNTS:
- Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions
- Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs.
- Possess and demonstrate excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional.
- Support the YMCA of the Rockies safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff.
- Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse community.
- Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards.
- All other duties as assigned.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Possess stamina to work in the work environment described herein. Weekend and evening responsibilities are frequent and statewide and some out of state travel is required.
- Ability to lift up to 30 pounds on occasion.
Note: Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities,
or qualifications associated with the job.