Do you love working in a camp environment?
Would you enjoy assisting the camp administrative staff in a variety of tasks?
Do you possess good communication and organizational skills?
If you do, are you the team player we are looking for!
Essential Functions / Requirements for ALL CAMP STAFF:
- Be able to read, speak and/or write English.
- Be able to work inside and outside in all weather conditions.
- Be able to hike on rugged terrain.
- Have current certification in CPR/First Aid.
- Be a dedicated team worker.
- Participate in pre-camp staff training.
- Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions.
- Be concerned with camper development and growth.
- Serve as a role model for proper table conduct and manners at all meals.
- Be responsible for the general appearance and cleanliness of camp. Report any needed repairs to the camp office.
- Be punctual. Always have a watch.
- Put the campers’ needs before your personal needs or issues.
- Never leave campers unsupervised.
- Exhibit maturity and set a quality example for campers and other staff.
- Help uphold and enforce camp policies and standards.
- Ability to solve problems with the needs of YMCA of the Rockies guests and members in mind.
- Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies mission, policies, and programs.
- Support the Association safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members and staff.
- Possess excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional.
- Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards.
Essential Functions / Requirements for OFFICE ASSISTANT:
- Possess some education, training, and/or experience related to organized camping
- Possess strong organizational and communications skills
- Possess strong problem solving skills
- Possess computer skills, preferably Microsoft Word, Excel and some commercial database knowledge
- Ability to be flexible
- Possess basic office skills such as strong telephone etiquette and typing
- Assist with office operations
- Assist with data entry during summer season
- Assume responsibility for opening/distributing camp mail
- Understand all aspects of camp program
- Organize and run the camp store
- Assist with all office responsibilities
- Assist with work projects as needed
- Handle stressful situations appropriately
Other Functions / Requirements:
- Ensure guest satisfaction.
- Must possess a valid, USA state issued driver’s license, and an acceptable driving record and comply with YMCA driving rule to be approved to operate YMCA vehicles. (Required for approved driver only)
- Promote a cooperative, positive, and problem-solving atmosphere at all times.
- Ability to work cooperatively with others in a diverse environment.
- All other duties as assigned.
Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job. This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with this job.
NOTE: Based on business needs, you may be required to work in other Departments and/or our other Center.
GENERAL YMCA OF THE ROCKIES REQUIREMENTS:
- Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions
- Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs
- Possess excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional
- Support the Association safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff
- Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse environment
- May be required to work evenings, weekends, and holidays, depending on the position
- Meet acceptable criminal background check standards
This is a seasonal, $6.00 hourly (based on 40 hours/week) position, with employee perks including:
- Room (shared room in our staff dormitory with free wifi and no bills!)
- Board (3 buffet-style meals per day, 7 days per week)
- Other employee perks and discounts, including:
- Access to the YMCA of the Rockies facilities, which include: an indoor pool, basketball gymnasium, fitness classes, hiking/biking/skiing trails, climbing wall, library, and craft shop
- Free Grand Passes for skiing, rock climbing, mountain biking, and golf (dependent on season and resort - limited number available, first come first served basis)
- Free gear rentals for sports and outdoor activities
- Employee programming, including free or discounted staff trips, provided by the Human Resources Office
- Discounted nights at YMCA of the Rockies lodges (with some date restrictions based on season/occupancy)
We have a strict policy against alcohol or drugs on property; in addition, no drug use is tolerated (including marijuana) during your employment with us whether on- or off-duty.
ABOUT THE YMCA OF THE ROCKIES:
The YMCA of the Rockies operates two year-round family resorts and conference centers on each side of Rocky Mountain National Park: Estes Park Center located in Estes Park, CO; Snow Mountain Ranch located in Winter Park, CO; and Camp Chief Ouray, a summer resident camp for kids located on the Snow Mountain Ranch property.
Snow Mountain Ranch (SMR) is located on the western side of the Rocky Mountain National Park, in a more remote area of Colorado known as the Fraser Valley, near Granby and Winter Park. In the winter, SMR is home to one of the largest Nordic ski areas in the country, with over 100 km of trails on the 5000-acre property. Winters at SMR can last up to eight months, but for winter enthusiasts, there is no place like it, with days and days of powder. In the summertime, SMR is surrounded by back-country forests and trails, with opportunities to get your boots or wheels in the dirt for many hours of fun.
We employ people of all ages, from across the country and the world, who want to experience the mountains and support our healthy spirit, mind, and body mission. Join us!
QUESTIONS? Please call our HR office at 970-887-2152 ext. 4219, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.