Camp Program Director
OUR MISSION AND CULTURE:
We firmly believe in our mission of putting Christian principles into practice through programs, staff and facilities in an environment that builds healthy spirit, mind and body for all. We are committed to being welcoming to all people and to making a difference in the lives of our members, guests and staff. We count on our staff to provide extraordinary mission-based experiences for our guests and for each other.
- Ability to successfully plan and implement Day Camp programs from inception, development, facilitation and evaluation.
- Provide training, supervision and evaluation of seasonal staff.
- Manage staff and program scheduling for day camp.
- Assist in building new and expanding existing programs for youth ages 5-18 for all CCO programs.
- Assist in creating a safe space for all by helping break down barriers to inclusivity for all Dimensions of Diversity including; hiring practices, forms, training, and all aspects of programs.
- Answer phones and respond to voicemails/e-mails promptly.
- Assist with camp meeting all applicable Child Care Regulations, Health Department Regulations as they pertain to camping, and American Camp Association (ACA) standards.
- Assist in ensuring camp programs are full; manage day camp enrollment and assist the Business Manager enrolling participants from the wait list.
- Assist in identifying new partnerships and acting as a liaison.
- Ability to assist in building and managing a budget.
- Meet tasks assigned to position in the CCO Strategic Initiatives Plan (SIP) or equivalent strategic plan, ensuring the work assists in the overall execution of the SMR and YMCA of the Rockies Strategic Action Plan or equivalent.
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent, college degree preferred.
- Minimum of two (2) years program experience in childcare or summer camp.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to earn Team Leader certification within three (3) years.
- Operational knowledge of office equipment, Microsoft Office, and web-based software.
- Assist in interviewing and hiring of seasonal staff.
- CPR/First Aid Certified in Adult and Child.
- Possess a valid, USA state-issued driver’s license, an acceptable driving record, and comply with YMCA driving rules to be approved to operate YMCA vehicles.
- Assist with off-season programming, overseeing Active Adults Camp and being present for other post-camps (Family Camp, etc.).
- Ability to rotate as manager-on-duty on weekends through the summer months.
- Assist other departments within YMCA of the Rockies if available.
GENERAL YMCA OF THE ROCKIES REQUIREMNTS:
- Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility, and Faith in all functions
- Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs.
- Commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and anti-racism is required
- Possess and demonstrate excellent customer service skills; friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and knowledgeable.
- Support the YMCA of the Rockies safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff.
- Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse community.
- Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards.
- Bilingual English/Spanish is a plus.
- All other duties as assigned.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Able to work outdoors in all weather, moving short distances over varied terrain.
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds and carry up one (1) flight of steps.
- Short bursts of stooping, kneeling, bending, standing for long periods of time, etc.
- Prolonged periods at a computer and on the phone.