Snow Mountain Ranch, YMCA of the Rockies
Job Title: Campground Attendant
Employee Classification: Seasonal 40 hours
Reports To: Guest Registration Manager
Position Summary: Ensure the satisfaction and safety of all campground guests.
Essential Functions / Requirements:
1. High school diploma or a GED equivalence is required.
2. Demonstrate the ability to fluently red, write and speak English.
3. Must possess a valid, USA state issued driver’s license, an acceptable driving record, and comply with YMCA driving rules to be approved to operate YMCA vehicles.
4. Knowledge of a variety of RV's including camping in variety of conditions.
5. Must be able to work flexible shifts, inducing days, weekends and holidays.
6. Able to walk over uneven and rough terrain.
7. Possess strong Customer Service skills.
8. Lift 50 lbs. a minimum of 36" above the ground.
9. Knowledge of small maintenance and repair jobs.
10. Able to work with various types of cleaning chemicals.
11. Maintain hygienic practices and procedures as required.
12. Confirm guest arrivals, departures, and daily changes using the association’s computer system pertaining to the campgrounds.
13. Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies and programs.
14. Support the Association safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members and staff.
15. Possess excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional.
16. Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards.
Other Functions / Requirements:
1. Have an RV to live in during the summer season. (Recommended, but not required)
2. Attend weekly meetings with the Campground Supervisor.
3. Assist guests settling into campsites.
4. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests and staff.
5. Maintain the operation of fire pits and gas grills.
6. Alert front desk and/or maintenance to possible problems (fires, trespassing, safety, etc.)
7. Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions.
8. Promote a cooperative, positive and problem-solving atmosphere at all times.
9. Ability to work cooperatively with others in a diverse environment.
10. All other duties as assigned.
Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with this job.
What we offer:
This is a seasonal position with a base pay rate of $12.32/hour (based on 40 hours/week). This position includes:
Room & Board Options Available
* Room (room in our staff dormitory with wifi, pay laundry facilities)
* Board (3 meals per day, 7 days per week)
Other employee perks and discounts, including:
* Access to the YMCA of the Rockies facilities, which include: an indoor pool, basketball gymnasium, fitness classes, hiking/biking/skiing trails, climbing wall, library, and craft shop
* Free Grand Passes for skiing, rock climbing, mountain biking, and golf (dependent on season and resort - limited number available, first come first served basis)
* Free gear rentals for sports and outdoor activities
We have a strict policy against alcohol or drugs on property; in addition, no drug use is tolerated (including marijuana) during your employment with us whether on- or off-duty.
ABOUT THE YMCA OF THE ROCKIES:
The YMCA of the Rockies operates two year-round family resorts and conference centers on each side of Rocky Mountain National Park: Estes Park Center located in Estes Park, CO; Snow Mountain Ranch located in Winter Park, CO; and Camp Chief Ouray, a summer resident camp for kids located on the Snow Mountain Ranch property.
Snow Mountain Ranch (SMR) is located on the western side of the Rocky Mountain National Park, in a more remote area of Colorado known as the Fraser Valley, near Granby and Winter Park. In the winter, SMR is home to one of the largest Nordic ski areas in the country, with over 100 km of trails on the 5000-acre property. Winters at SMR can last up to eight months, but for winter enthusiasts, there is no place like it, with days and days of powder. In the summertime, SMR is surrounded by back-country forests and trails, with opportunities to get your boots or wheels in the dirt for many hours of fun.
We employ people of all ages, from across the country and the world, who want to experience the mountains and support our healthy spirit, mind, and body mission. Join us!
QUESTIONS? Please call our HR office at 970-887-2152 ext. 4219, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.