Job Title: Campground Host - Volunteer Status: Non-Exempt
Employee Classification: Seasonal Revision Date: January, 2021
Reports to: Guest Services Manager
Provide a high level of guest satisfaction and the safety of all campground guests who use RVs, campers or tents. Ensure and encourage a neat and tidy appearance of campsites and the cleanliness of showers, restrooms, gathering spaces, fire pits and similar facilities. Confirms guest arrivals and departures and answers queries or directs guests to information sources. Requires ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs. weight and work with various types of chemicals. Bringing your own RV, camper or tent to SMR is preferred but not essential. Must be available to work weekends.
We firmly believe in our mission of putting Christian principles into practice through programs, staff and facilities in an environment that builds healthy spirit, mind and body for all. We count on our staff to provide extraordinary experiences for our guests and for each other and we expect constant demonstration of our core values of caring, honesty, respect, responsibility and faith.
* Maintain hygienic practices and procedures as required.
* Confirm guest arrivals, departures, and daily changes using the association's computer system pertaining to the campgrounds.
* Attend weekly meetings with the Campground Supervisor.
* Assist guests settling into campsites.
* Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests and staff.
* Maintain the operation of fire pits and gas grills.
* Alert front desk and/or maintenance to possible problems (fires, trespassing, safety, etc.)
* Other duties as assigned.
* High school diploma or a GED equivalence is required.
* Demonstrate the ability to fluently red, write and speak English.
* Must possess a valid, USA state issued driver's license, an acceptable driving record, and comply with YMCA driving rules to be approved to operate YMCA vehicles.
* Knowledge of a variety of RV's including camping in variety of conditions.
* Must be able to work flexible shifts, inducing days, weekends and holidays.
* Able to walk over uneven and rough terrain.
* Possess strong Customer Service skills.
* Lift 50 lbs. a minimum of 36" above the ground.
* Knowledge of small maintenance and repair jobs.
* Able to work with various types of cleaning chemicals.
* Have an RV to live in during the summer season (Recommended, but not required).
GENERAL YMCA OF THE ROCKIES REQUIREMENTS:
* Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions
* Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs
* Possess excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional
* Support the Association safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff
* Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse environment
* Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards
* All other duties as assigned
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
As a volunteer there is no compensation. Volunteer perks include:
* Volunteers will be assigned rooms with windows and a full bathroom. There are common areas with TVs, refrigerators and microwaves. All rooms have a private telephone and internet access.
* Geronimo Campground is an alternative available for volunteers at Snow Mountain Ranch in the summer months(mid-May to mid-September). Please inquire for more details.
Board (3 buffet-style meals per day, 7 days per week):
Other employee perks and discounts include:
* Access to the YMCA of the Rockies facilities and activities which include but are not limited to: an indoor pool, basketball gymnasium, fitness classes, hiking/biking/skiing trails, archery, ice skating, disc golf, mini-golf, climbing wall, library, bonfire rings, craft shop and more. For the most current activity guides please click here: Estes Park Center / Snow Mountain Ranch
* Passes for skiing, rock climbing, mountain biking, and/or golf (dependent on season and resort - limited number available, first come first served basis)
* Free gear rentals for sports and outdoor activities
* Employee programming, including free or discounted staff trips, provided by the Staff Experience Team
* Lodging Discount Nights at either YMCA of the Rockies location, $25 per room per night, based on availability
* Other employee perks and discounts, including:
- Discounts at on site General Store/Gift Shop, Rustic Café/Buckboard Grill, and Jackson/Snow Mountain Stables
- Discounts at local merchants
- Shuttles for staff without vehicles based on season and availability for groceries, doctor, trips to town
- Cleaning supplies/equipment, linens and paper products provided/available for use.
Note: Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities,
or qualifications associated with the job.