Catering Delivery Driver - Year-Round
YMCA of the Rockies - EPC
Job Title: Catering Delivery Driver Status: Non-Exempt
Employee Classification: Year-round/Benefited
Leadership Level: Team Leader
Reports to: Food Service Manager Revision Date: Jan 2016
Catering Delivery Driver is responsible for all catering and refreshment deliveries. This includes customer service, training and supervising relevant staff. Other duties include relevant dining room and vehicle cleanliness, labeling of all food items, customer service, operating POS and ensuring all delivery equipment is clean, organized and functioning properly.
Essential Functions / Requirements:
1. Must have a clean driving record and pass required drivers tests.
2. Read designated reports and deliver accurate orders.
3. Must follow written and oral instructions given in English.
4. Facilitate info between Convention Services, Banquets and Food Service Kitchen staff.
5. Work with the Banquet Captain to identify and facilitate guest needs.
6. Must work holidays, weekends, and morning or evening shifts.
7. Must work eight hour shifts on concrete floors and lift 40 pounds up to 36 inch high tables.
8. Must attend Food Sanitation training and help enforce health department mandates.
9. Must maintain a neat, clean appearance and wear clothing deemed appropriate by the Food Service Manager.
10. Supervise up to 5 seasonal staff per shift.
11. Supervise and execute cold food preparation and presentation for deliveries and catering.
12. Assure that standards for set up and cleanliness standards are being met in assigned dining rooms.
13. Evaluate and assign seasonal staff to tasks best suited to their abilities and experience.
14. Support the Association safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members and staff.
15. Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies and programs.
16. Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions.
17. Promote a cooperative, positive and problem-solving atmosphere at all times.
18. Ability to work cooperatively with others in a diverse environment.
19. Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards.
20. Possess excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, outgoing and professional.
Other Functions / Requirements:
1. Work with Food Service Manager to schedule, train, and evaluate seasonal staff.
2. Document and discipline employees who are out of compliance with policies and procedures.
3. Evaluate seasonal staff and determine their eligibility for rehire.
4. All other duties as assigned.
Note: Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities,
or qualifications associated with the job.
Job Status: Full Time