CCO Office Manager
This position supports the work of the YMCA of the Rockies, which operates a mission-based family and group conference and retreat center, serving more than 225,000 annually. The Camp Chief Ouray Office Manager is responsible for supporting the Business Manager with business and office duties. They support families and staff with timely phone and email responses, being very organized and personable, uploading and checking forms required by Child Care Licensing regulations.
OUR MISSION AND CULTURE:
We firmly believe in our mission of putting Christian principles into practice through programs, staff and facilities in an environment that builds healthy spirit, mind and body for all. We count on our staff to provide extraordinary experiences for our guests and for each other and we expect constant demonstration of our core values of caring, honesty, respect, responsibility and faith.
- Create a safe space for all campers, families, and staff. Promote safe work practices to allow for development and growth for all.
- Possess the social and emotional skills necessary to build rapport and positive relationships.
- Assist with all camp business operations such as resident camp and day camp registration, communication, invoicing/debt collection, staff recruitment, hiring, and paperwork.
- Office duties such as data entry, filing, organizing, and customer service.
- Be responsible for the upkeep of the camp facility and cleanliness of camp. Report any repairs in a timely manner.
- Assist in identifying, connecting and building relationships and collaborations with like-minded organizations.
- Assist with work and cleaning projects as needed.
- Strong organizational, communication, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to learn all aspects of camp to be able to answer parent/guardian questions.
- Computer skills, preferably Microsoft Word, Excel and some commercial database knowledge.
- Basic office skills, strong telephone etiquette, business equipment knowledge.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and efficiently manage time.
- Assist with management of the camp store.
- Provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination.
- Possess a valid, USA state-issued driver’s license, an acceptable driving record, and comply with YMCA driving rules to be approved to operate YMCA vehicles.
- Current certification in CPR/First Aid/AED for adults and children, or be willing to obtain certification.
GENERAL YMCA OF THE ROCKIES REQUIREMENTS:
- Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions
- Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs
- Possess and demonstrate excellent customer service skills; friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional
- Support the YMCA of the Rockies safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff
- Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse community
- Must meet acceptable criminal and driving background check standards
- Bilingual English/Spanish is a plus
- All other duties as assigned
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 30 pounds
- Ability to climb stairs and frequently get up and down from a chair
- Extended periods on the phone and working on a computer
- Noise level in the work environment is moderate to high
- Must be able to work evenings, weekends, and holidays when necessary
Note: Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities,
or qualifications associated with the job.