CCO Registrar Volunteer
JOB DESCRIPTION: Camp Chief Ouray Assistant Registrar - Volunteer - ON GROUNDS
Reports To: Camp Chief Ouray Registrar / Executive Camp Director
Camp Chief Ouray has approximately 270 campers per week aged 7 to 17. The camp operates for 9 weeks each summer. The Assistant Registrar assists in the office and should possess competent computer, administrative and telephone skills. Specific responsibilities include sorting and delivering mail and managing all voicemail boxes. Needs to be comfortable in a busy young excitable environment and recognize that the young will benefit from the example they see set by their seniors. Other duties are as assigned by supervision.
- Please plan to serve a minimum of June 1 - Aug 20
- To receive room & board as a Volunteer, there is a minimum service of at least 24 - 28 hours per week depending on the season. Peak Times - 28 Hours per Week - Saturday before Memorial Day through Saturday after Labor Day; Two Saturdays before Christmas through 1st weekend of April. Off-Peak Times - 24 Hours per Week - 1st weekend of April through Saturday before Memorial Day; Saturday after Labor Day through 2 Saturdays before Christmas
- Already have room & board? Please plan to serve a minimum of 8 hours per week to enjoy other YMCA of the Rockies perks.
- Demonstrate the ability to fluently read, write and speak English.
- Dedicated team worker who puts camper needs before personal needs or issues.
- Set a high personal example of Christian character and be dedicated to building Christian character with all campers and staff. Demonstrate caring, honesty, respect, responsibility and faith in your everyday interactions within the camp community.
- Exhibit maturity and set a quality example for campers and other staff.
- Must be extremely organized with an impeccable attention to detail.
- Basic knowledge of computers for maintaining employee records and providing general correspondence. Knowledge of Microsoft software (i.e. Word, Excel, and Outlook).
- Excellent keyboard, data entry and outstanding telephone etiquette.
- Ability to operate office equipment: e.g. phones, copier, keyboard, and fax machine.
- Ability to work independently, be self-directed, and solve problems.
- Must possess a valid, USA state issued driver's license, an acceptable driving record, and comply with YMCA driving rules to be approved to operate YMCA vehicles.
- Must be able to serve a flexible work schedule as hours will vary and will include weekends, evenings and holidays.
- Good interpersonal and leadership skills and teaching/training skills.
- Possess strong organizational and communications skills
- Possess strong problem solving skills
- Possess computer skills, preferably Microsoft Word, Excel and some commercial database knowledge
- Ability to be flexible
- Possess basic office skills such as strong telephone etiquette and typing
- Assist Registrar with office operations
- Assist with data entry
- Assume responsibility for opening/distributing camp mail
- Understand all aspects of camp program
- Assist with all office responsibilities
- Assist with work projects as needed
Volunteers are held accountable for all duties of this position. This volunteer description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with this position. For any position a supervisor may assign other duties from time to time which are required to ensure efficient and timely completion of overall Snow Mountain Ranch goals. Teaming within and across departments is expected.
Note: Based on business needs, you may be required to work in other Departments and/or our other Center. - Is this allowed for volunteers - I think required is my concern. Does the last sentence added above work to erase this statement?
General YMCA of the Rockies Requirements:
- Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions
- Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs
- Possess excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional
- Support the Association safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff
- Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse environment
- May be required to work evenings, weekends, and holidays, depending on the position
- Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards
Two uniform polo shirts will be provided for you. You need to provide/wear your own comfortable, closed-toe shoes and trousers. Sweatpants or yoga type pants will not be permitted.
COMPENSATION: labor law allows up to 20%of compensation that staff receive and meals can be included if time allotted would not allow them to make themselves. Also, it is my understanding that housing is allowed since it would inhibit people's ability to volunteer if they did not receive. Where do we put in that a minimum of 28 hours per week for peak, 24 hours off-peak? This is in the agreement
IMPORTANT INFORMATION! PLEASE READ CAREFULLY.
- There is no housing deposit required. Any deductions for damages to housing, lost keys, equipment, or fines will be charged to you before your departure.
- Upon arrival you are required to complete and submit all necessary volunteer paperwork. If you have any questions, please contact the Human Resources Office.
- As an On-Grounds Volunteer, you are required to volunteer at least 24 - 28 hours per week depending on the season.
Peak Times - 28 Hours per Week
Saturday before Memorial Day through Saturday after Labor Day; Two Saturdays before Christmas through 1st weekend of April
Off-Peak Times - 24 Hours per Week
1st weekend of April through Saturday before Memorial Day; Saturday after Labor Day through 2 Saturdays before Christmas
I understand, as a volunteer, that I am not an employee of the YMCA of the Rockies, Snow Mountain Ranch. I understand & agree that I will not receive any compensation or benefit nor be eligible for any coverage under the Colorado Workers Compensation laws.
As a volunteer there is no compensation. Volunteer perks include:
- Board (3 buffet-style meals per day, 7 days per week)
- Discounts, including:
- Access to the YMCA of the Rockies facilities, which include: an indoor pool, basketball gymnasium, fitness classes, hiking/biking/skiing trails, library, and an art center
- Free passes for skiing, rock climbing, mountain biking, and golf (dependent on season and resort)
- Free gear rentals for sports and outdoor activities
- Employee programming, including free or discounted staff trips, provided by the Human Resources Office
- Discounted nights at YMCA of the Rockies lodges (with some date restrictions based on season/occupancy)
We have a zero tolerance policy for alcohol or drugs on property; in addition, no drug use is tolerated (including marijuana) during your employment with us whether on- or off-duty.
You must submit three references with your application, including their name, phone number and email address.
Two references must be someone who know you professionally (former or current manager, supervisor, teacher, professor, coach, pastor, etc.) and one reference must be a family member.
If you are a rehire and have served at YMCA of the Rockies Estes Park Center, Snow Mountain Ranch, or Camp Chief Ouray at any time during the past three years, references are not required.
ABOUT THE YMCA of the Rockies:
The YMCA of the Rockies operates two year-round family resorts and conference centers on each side of Rocky Mountain National Park: Estes Park Center located in Estes Park, CO; Snow Mountain Ranch located in Winter Park, CO; and Camp Chief Ouray, a summer resident camp for kids located on the Snow Mountain Ranch property.
Snow Mountain Ranch (SMR) is located on the western side of the Rocky Mountain National Park, in a more remote area of Colorado known as the Fraser Valley, near Granby and Winter Park. In the winter, SMR is home to one of the largest Nordic ski areas in the country, with over 100 km of trails on the 5000-acre property. Winters at SMR can last up to eight months, but for winter enthusiasts, there is no place like it, with days and days of powder. In the summertime, SMR is surrounded by back-country forests and trails, with opportunities to get your boots or wheels in the dirt for many hours of fun.
We employ people of all ages, from across the country and the world, who want to experience the mountains and support our healthy spirit, mind, and body mission. Join us!
Please call our HR office at 970-887-2152 ext. 4111, or email email@example.com.
CCO Registrar Volunteer
Snow Mountain Ranch
About the Organization
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Status: Part Time