Center Services Associate - Seasonal (Room & Board Included)
Position Summary: The Center Services Associate is responsible for maintaining the general cleanliness of all public spaces, restrooms and meeting facilities including, but not limited to, the Administration Building, the guest service office, and the Religious Activity Center. This position is responsible for all conference set-ups (chairs, tables, audio visual equipment, refreshment orders, etc.) and implements all requests from the Conference Director for any special or additional requirements needed by the conference leaders. This position is also responsible for snow removal from entrances to all meeting rooms, lodges and other areas as necessary.
Essential Functions / Requirements:
- Hands-on experience in event set-ups, audio visual equipment operation, and cleaning skills.
- Ability to plan and prioritize daily workloads.
- Possess basic computer skills and ability to learn property management software.
- Possess physical stamina for strenuous all-day work and ability to independently bend, stoop, kneel, vacuum, walk and scrub using soap and other cleaning chemicals.
- Demonstrate the ability to fluently read, write and speak English.
- Maintain the cleanliness of all public spaces, restrooms, meeting rooms and gathering areas.
- Set-up all guest meeting spaces in a timely manner and ensure guest needs are met.
- Responsible for appropriately using and maintaining all department equipment, machinery, chemicals and vehicles.
- Promptly report maintenance concerns and have vehicles and equipment serviced regularly.
- Ability to independently get in and out of vehicles up to 100 times a day.
- Ability to independently lift and carry supplies and other equipment weighing up to 50 lbs. to counter height, in and out of vehicles, and up and down stairs.
- Must possess a valid, USA state issued driver’s license, an acceptable driving record, and comply with YMCA driving rules to be approved to operate YMCA vehicles.
- Support the Association safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members and staff.
- Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies and programs.
- Possess excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional.
- Promote a cooperative, positive and problem-solving atmosphere at all times.
- Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards.
Other Functions / Requirements:
- Clean all meeting rooms and public facilities and restrooms.
- Set up and remove/break-down meeting space chairs, tables, equipment, etc.
- Keep supply and equipment closets and storage rooms clean and organized.
- During both very busy and or slow times, team members will be expected to work in the Housekeeping department. This will involve cleaning both cabins and lodge rooms as well as work in the commercial laundry facility
- Complete guest requests.
- Remove snow and ice from meeting room and lodge entrances.
- Keep YMCA vehicles clean, organized and operating safely.
- Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions.
- Ability to work cooperatively with others in a diverse environment.
- Dress requirements: Black Pants (Not Jeans), Black Shoes/Boots and a Black Belt.
- All other duties as assigned.
NOTE: Based on business needs, you may be required to work in other Departments and/or our other Center.
GENERAL YMCA OF THE ROCKIES REQUIREMENTS:
- Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions
- Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs
- Possess excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional
- Support the Association safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff
- Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse environment
- May be required to work evenings, weekends, and holidays, depending on the position
- Meet acceptable criminal background check standards
This is a seasonal, hourly (based on 40 hours/week) position, paying $230/week, with employee perks including:
- Room (room in our staff dormitory with free wifi and no bills!)
- Board (3 buffet-style meals per day, 7 days per week)
- Other employee perks and discounts, including:
- Access to the YMCA of the Rockies facilities, which include: an indoor pool, basketball gymnasium, fitness classes, hiking/biking/skiing trails, climbing wall, library, and craft shop
- Free Grand Passes for skiing, rock climbing, mountain biking, and golf (dependent on season and resort - limited number available, first come first served basis)
- Free gear rentals for sports and outdoor activities
- Employee programming, including free or discounted staff trips, provided by the Human Resources Office
- Discounted nights at YMCA of the Rockies lodges (with some date restrictions based on season/occupancy)
We have a strict policy against alcohol or drugs on property; in addition, no drug use is tolerated (including marijuana) during your employment with us whether on- or off-duty.
You must submit three references with your application, including their name, phone number and email address.
Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job. This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with this job.
QUESTIONS? Please call our HR office at 970-887-2152 ext. 4111, or email email@example.com.
Job Status: Seasonal