SEASONAL JOB DESCRIPTION
Snow Mountain Ranch, YMCA of the Rockies
Job Title: Center Services Team Member
Employee Classification: Seasonal Non-Exempt Leadership Level: Leader
Leader Reports To: Center Services Manager
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Position Summary: The Center Services Associate position is responsible for all conference set-ups (chairs, tables, audio visual equipment, refreshment orders, etc.) and implements all requests from the Center Services Manager and Conference Coordinators for any special or additional requirements needed by the group leaders. The Center Services Associate is responsible for maintaining the general cleanliness of all meeting rooms, public spaces, and restrooms including but not limited to the Administration Building, the Guest Services Office, and the Chapel. This position is also responsible for snow removal from entrances to all meeting rooms, lodges and other areas as necessary.
Position Available: Immediately for up to 8 months
Essential Functions / Requirements:
* Set-up all guest meeting spaces in a timely manner and ensure guest needs are met.
* Setup, operate and provide consultation/troubleshooting for all onsite audio/visual equipment.
* Maintain the cleanliness of all public spaces, restrooms, meeting rooms and gathering areas.
* Keep supply and equipment closets and storage rooms clean and organized.
* Assist Food Service Department with delivery of refreshments and catering.
* Operate carpet cleaning equipment as needed.
* Ability to plan and prioritize daily workloads.
* Possess basic computer skills and ability to learn property management software.
* Possess physical stamina for strenuous all-day work and ability to independently bend, stoop, kneel, vacuum, walk and scrub using soap and other cleaning chemicals.
* Snow and ice removal in assigned locations on site.
* Maintain all campfire rings and common area grills.
* During both very busy and or slow times, team members will be expected to assist in the Housekeeping department if Conference Services responsibilities have been completed for the day. This will involve cleaning both cabins and lodge rooms as well as work in the commercial laundry facility.
* Deliver items (keys, cribs, high chairs, grills, etc.) to guests as requested.
* Responsible for appropriately using and maintaining all department equipment, machinery, chemicals and vehicles.
Other Functions / Requirements:
* Demonstrate the ability to fluently read, write and speak English.
* Must possess a valid, USA state issued driver’s license, an acceptable driving record, and comply with YMCA driving rules to be approved to operate YMCA vehicles.
* Ability to independently get in and out of vehicles up to 100 times a day.
* Keep YMCA vehicles clean, organized and operating safely.
* Promptly report maintenance concerns and have vehicles and equipment serviced regularly.
* Ability to pull (or willingness to learn) a trailer helpful.
* Must be able to work any 8-hour shift scheduled between the hours of 6am and 11pm.
* Available to work weekends and holidays.
* Ability to independently lift and carry supplies and other equipment weighing up to 50 lbs. to counter height, in and out of vehicles, and up and down stairs.
* Dress requirements: Black Pants (Not Jeans), Black Shoes/Boots and a Black Belt. All other duties as assigned.
Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job. This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with this job.
GENERAL YMCA OF THE ROCKIES REQUIREMENTS:
* Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions
* Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs
* Possess excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional
* Support the Association safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff
* Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse environment
* May be required to work evenings, weekends, and holidays, depending on the position
* Meet acceptable criminal background check standards
What we offer:
This is a seasonal position with a base pay rate of $12.32/hour (based on 40 hours/week). This position includes:
Room & Board Options Available
* Room (room in our staff dormitory with wifi, pay laundry facilities)
* Board (3 meals per day, 7 days per week)
Other employee perks and discounts, including:
* Access to the YMCA of the Rockies facilities, which include: an indoor pool, basketball gymnasium, fitness classes, hiking/biking/skiing trails, climbing wall, library, and craft shop
* Free Grand Passes for skiing, rock climbing, mountain biking, and golf (dependent on season and resort - limited number available, first come first served basis)
* Free gear rentals for sports and outdoor activities
We have a strict policy against alcohol or drugs on property; in addition, no drug use is tolerated (including marijuana) during your employment with us whether on- or off-duty.
ABOUT THE YMCA OF THE ROCKIES:
The YMCA of the Rockies operates two year-round family resorts and conference centers on each side of Rocky Mountain National Park: Estes Park Center located in Estes Park, CO; Snow Mountain Ranch located in Winter Park, CO; and Camp Chief Ouray, a summer resident camp for kids located on the Snow Mountain Ranch property.
Snow Mountain Ranch (SMR) is located on the western side of the Rocky Mountain National Park, in a more remote area of Colorado known as the Fraser Valley, near Granby and Winter Park. In the winter, SMR is home to one of the largest Nordic ski areas in the country, with over 100 km of trails on the 5000-acre property. Winters at SMR can last up to eight months, but for winter enthusiasts, there is no place like it, with days and days of powder. In the summertime, SMR is surrounded by back-country forests and trails, with opportunities to get your boots or wheels in the dirt for many hours of fun.
We employ people of all ages, from across the country and the world, who want to experience the mountains and support our healthy spirit, mind, and body mission. Join us!
QUESTIONS? Please call our HR office at 970-887-2152 ext. 4219, or email email@example.com.