Center Services Manager
The Center Services Manager is responsible for supervising the general cleanliness of all public spaces, restrooms and meeting facilities including, but not limited to, the Administration Building, and the guest service office. This position is also responsible for all conference set-ups (chairs, tables, audio visual equipment, delivering refreshment orders, etc.) and implements all requests from the Conference Director for any special or additional requirements needed by the conference department. CS Manager must be able to work closely with the Housekeeping Directors to ensure guests’ needs are met.
Essential Functions / Requirements:
- Hands-on experience in event set-ups, audio visual equipment operation.
- Ability to lead and train new employees, as well as plan and prioritize daily workloads.
- Possess basic computer skills and ability to learn property management software.
- Possess physical stamina for strenuous all-day work and ability to bend, stoop, kneel, vacuum, walk and scrub using soap and other cleaning chemicals.
- Ability to lead teams tasked with assisting in housekeeping responsibilities.
- Demonstrate the ability to fluently read, write and speak English.
- Maintain the cleanliness of all public spaces, restrooms, meeting rooms and gathering areas & Lobbies.
- Set-up all guest meeting spaces in a timely manner and ensure guest needs are met.
- Responsible for appropriately using, cleaning and maintaining all department equipment, chemicals and vehicles. Promptly report maintenance concerns and have vehicles and equipment serviced regularly.
- Ability to get in and out of vehicles up to 100 times a day.
- Ability to independently lift and carry supplies and other equipment weighting up to 75 lbs. to counter height, in and out of vehicles, and up and down stairs.
- Must possess a valid, USA state issued driver’s license, an acceptable driving record, and comply with YMCA driving rules to be approved to operate YMCA vehicles.
- Possess excellent guest service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional.
- Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards.
- This position is also responsible for snow removal from entrances to all meeting rooms, lodges and other areas as necessary.
Other Functions / Requirements:
- Keep supply and equipment closets and storage rooms clean and organized.
- Complete guest deliveries.
- Remove snow and ice from meeting room and lodge entrances.
- During both very busy and or slow times, CS Manager will be expected to work with the Housekeeping Department to prepare accommodations for our guests. This will involve either leading a team or assigning team members to clean both cabins and lodge rooms as well as work in the commercial laundry facility.
- Staff shirts as provided to be worn with black pants, comfortable black work shoes/boots, and black belt required.
- Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions.
- Promote a cooperative, positive and problem-solving atmosphere at all times.
- Ability to work with others in a diverse and friendly environment.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Support the Association safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members and staff.
- Must be willing to learn and perform basic housekeeping duties; the person in this position may be asked to provide backup to the Lodging and Events Operations staff as a housekeeper on heavy turnover days.
- All other duties as assigned.
NOTE: Based on business needs, you may be required to work in other Departments and/or our other Center.
GENERAL YMCA OF THE ROCKIES REQUIREMENTS:
- Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions
- Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs
- Possess excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional
- Support the Association safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff
- Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse environment
- May be required to work evenings, weekends, and holidays, depending on the position
- Meet acceptable criminal background check standards
This is a full time hourly (based on 40 hours/week) position with benefits. Candidate may live off site or choose an on site room and board option.? Hourly rate for off site is $15.50 an hour and for on site is $12.50 an hour.
- Other employee perks and discounts, including:
- Access to the YMCA of the Rockies facilities, which include: an indoor pool, basketball gymnasium, fitness classes, hiking/biking/skiing trails, climbing wall, library, and craft shop
- Free Grand Passes for skiing, rock climbing, mountain biking, and golf (dependent on season and resort - limited number available, first come first served basis)
- Free gear rentals for sports and outdoor activities
- Employee programming, including free or discounted staff trips, provided by the Human Resources Office
- Discounted nights at YMCA of the Rockies lodges (with some date restrictions based on season/occupancy)
We have a strict policy against alcohol or drugs on property; in addition, no drug use is tolerated (including marijuana) during your employment with us whether on- or off-duty.
You must submit three references with your application, including their name, phone number and email address.
Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with this job.
The YMCA of the Rockies Snow Mountain Ranch is the 2nd largest YMCA conference center in the world. At 5,150 acres in size and serving over 75,000 guests each year, a dedicated team of individuals work to provide guests with a world-renowned experience.
Please call our HR office at 970-887-2152 ext. 4111, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Status: Full Time