Position: Volunteer - Chapel Host
Department: Chaplains Department
Reports to: Chaplain or Associate Chaplain
POSITION SUMMARY: The YMCA of the Rockies Chapel Ministry seeks an onsite volunteer to serve as Chapel Host to the various groups and weddings using our chapel facilities.
As an On-Grounds Volunteer, there is a minimum service of at least 24 - 28 hours per week depending on the season
* Be able to work weekends, evenings & holidays, as required
* Be able to stand and move for your entire shift
* Be able to walk across the property and up & down stairs
* Friendly and customer-service oriented, desire to work with a diverse group of people
* During your employment, you are expected to meet certain standards of performance and conduct as explained in the seasonal handbook
* Welcoming and meeting group leaders and wedding parties as they arrive at the chapel
* Providing oversight and direction for the use of chapel space
* Surveying chapel space after groups are finished using it, making sure it is left in appropriate order and ready for the next group
* Serving as a liaison between the Chapel Ministry, Conference Department, and Wedding Coordinator
* All other duties as assigned. Expected to assist in Housekeeping and Food Service as needed.
Volunteer are held accountable for all duties of this job. This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with this job.
NOTE: Based on business needs, you may be required to volunteer in other Departments and/or our other Center.
GENERAL YMCA OF THE ROCKIES REQUIREMENTS:
* Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions
* Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs
* Possess excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional
* Support the Association safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff
* Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse environment
* May be required to work evenings, weekends, and holidays, depending on the position
* Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards
As a volunteer, there is no compensation. Volunteer perks include:
* Room (shared room in our staff dormitory with free wifi and no bills!)
* Board (3 buffet-style meals per day, 7 days per week)
* Access to the YMCA of the Rockies facilities, which include: an indoor pool, basketball gymnasium, fitness classes, tennis courts, mini-golf, trails, roller rink, library, and an art center
* Free gear rentals for sports and outdoor activities
* Employee programming, including free or discounted staff trips, provided by the Resident Office
* Other employee perks and discounts, including:
o Free passes for skiing, rock climbing, mountain biking, and golf (dependent on season and resort)
* 20% Discount at our General Store, Rustic Café, and Jackson Stable horseback rides
* Discounts at local merchants
* Discounted nights at YMCA of the Rockies lodges (with some date restrictions based on season/occupancy)
We have a zero tolerance policy for alcohol or drugs on property; in addition, no drug use is tolerated (including marijuana) during your employment with us whether on- or off-duty.
You must submit three references with your application, including their name, phone number and email address.
Two references must be someone who know you professionally (former or current manager, supervisor, teacher, professor, coach, pastor, etc.) and one reference must be a family member.
If you are a rehire and have volunteered or worked at YMCA of the Rockies Estes Park Center, Snow Mountain Ranch, or Camp Chief Ouray at any time during the past three years, references are not required.
ABOUT THE YMCA OF THE ROCKIES:
The YMCA of the Rockies operates two year-round family resorts and conference centers on each side of Rocky Mountain National Park: Estes Park Center located in Estes Park, CO; Snow Mountain Ranch located in Winter Park, CO; and Camp Chief Ouray, a summer resident camp for kids located on the Snow Mountain Ranch property.
The Estes Park Center is the largest YMCA conference center in the world. At nearly 900 acres in size and serving over 200,000 guests each year, a dedicated team of individuals work to provide guests with a world-renowned experience.
We employ people of all ages, from across the country and the world, who want to experience the mountains and support our healthy spirit, mind, and body mission. Join us!
Please call our HR office at 970-586-3341 x1032, or email firstname.lastname@example.org